Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

Please find attached 1.13c

Screen recording is a public feature, see menu
A few minor bugs were fixed

I will update the manual and if no other bugs show up this will become the next version for play store.

I changed screen recording to record 1280x720 @ 2MBps for now. Previously it was full display resolution @ 4Mbps, but that was a bit too much for older high-res devices. Let me know if the quality is OK, if not I can increase (at the cost of not supporting low end devices).

Headless works as before: The direction Tello has when switching on Headless mode becomes the new "forward" direction. Pitch forward will always move Tello into that direction, no matter which direction its camera is facing.
There is an alternative available for those who want to try a different version. Its sometimes referred to as super simple mode, or headsfree mode. Pitch forward always sends Tello away from the pilot (takeoff point), and pitch back always returns Tello to the pilot.
For me this mode is totally confusing, so I have not enabled it. If you want to try that mode, drop me a note.

Last edited:
good day. I took the tello for a spin today with a huawei p smart(2018) xiaomi mi wifi repeater 2 and i was using a shinecon bt controller. used v113b and it was a pleasure. all functions work nicely and i had good fpv all the way to 30 m altitude and frequently went to 85meter plus distances. dont now if its my imagination but tello seem to hold its own better in the wind now. in video mode.

Reactions: volate!lo
good day. I took the tello for a spin today with a huawei p smart(2018) xiaomi mi wifi repeater 2 and i was using a shinecon bt controller. used v113b and it was a pleasure. all functions work nicely and i had good fpv all the way to 30 m altitude and frequently went to 85meter plus distances. dont now if its my imagination but tello seem to hold its own better in the wind now. in video mode.
just imagination - or new firmware. TelloFpv does not influence this.

Please find attached 1.13c

Screen recording is a public feature, see menu
A few minor bugs were fixed

I will update the manual and if no other bugs show up this will become the next version for play store.

I changed screen recording to record 1280x720 @ 2MBps for now. Previously it was full display resolution @ 4Mbps, but that was a bit too much for older high-res devices. Let me know if the quality is OK, if not I can increase (at the cost of not supporting low end devices).

Headless works as before: The direction Tello has when switching on Headless mode becomes the new "forward" direction. Pitch forward will always move Tello into that direction, no matter which direction its camera is facing.
There is an alternative available for those who want to try a different version. Its sometimes referred to as super simple mode, or headsfree mode. Pitch forward always sends Tello away from the pilot (takeoff point), and pitch back always returns Tello to the pilot.
For me this mode is totally confusing, so I have not enabled it. If you want to try that mode, drop me a note.

From my point of view Super-High quality screen recording has no sense, as we already have a separate Tello video recordings for that.

I suggest you adding an "Start Screen recording at startup" option, like existing one for Video Recording.

All the best.

Raul.

Hi Volatello

May I request a small modification...

Re Circle around speed setting - Currently it is in 10% incriments - May we have additional slower incriments once below 10%

ie 90, 80, ... 20, 10, 5, 2, 1, and even an 0.5% speed setting. Pictures take many seconds to upload to phone and if using your amazing app for photogrammetery, (making a model of ones own head for example) - it circles way too fast for enough photo's to be taken.

Thanks, Rob.

From my point of view Super-High quality screen recording has no sense, as we already have a separate Tello video recordings for that.

I suggest you adding an "Start Screen recording at startup" option, like existing one for Video Recording.

All the best.

Raul.
noted

Hi Volatello

May I request a small modification...

Re Circle around speed setting - Currently it is in 10% incriments - May we have additional slower incriments once below 10%

ie 90, 80, ... 20, 10, 5, 2, 1, and even an 0.5% speed setting. Pictures take many seconds to upload to phone and if using your amazing app for photogrammetery, (making a model of ones own head for example) - it circles way too fast for enough photo's to be taken.

Thanks, Rob.

What you really want is an autopilot that circles the object and does a photo every x degrees, right?

Reactions: xcrost
re photogrammetery, word on the street is every 10 degrees should be sufficient at a distance that keeps object of interest nearly filling the screen.

problem is Tello doesn't react well to speeds below 10% so this AP wold be the only option but not really trivial...
Number of photos per circle doesn't matter though

problem is Tello doesn't react well to speeds below 10% so this AP wold be the only option but not really trivial...
Number of photos per circle doesn't matter though
If such a mod was a completely new Autopiolot that takes photo's every 10 degrees,, then speed is no longer relevant.

Thats the point: Low speeds don't work, so your original idea sounds simple but doesn't work.
Hence the need for a new autopilot instead, which of course would make speed of travel between photos irrelevant.

I need to rework the AP control in the near future for different autopilots I have in mind. Once that is done (which is the hard part) such an AP for photogrammetry is easy.
Won't happen in the next days though

Reactions: xcrost
v1.14 has just been released to play store as Beta version. As always it may take a few hours for playstore to replicate its data

Changes since 1.12a

New
* Headless mode: once activated pitch & roll directions remain as they are, regardless of Tello's heading (yaw)
* Boomerang autopilot: dronie followed by 360 (optional), and reverse dronie back to you
* Phone's GPS position added as EXIF tags to JPG files
* Audio recording: Record the phone's mic and add it to the video
* Audible alarm on VPS inactive / not received
* Checks controller stick position neutral before takeoff
* Inc / Dec Bitrate can be assigned to controller button
* Screen recording: Integrated screen recorder doing 1280x720 @ 2Mbps

Changes
* Permissions are now optional except for storage permission
* Recording stops after autopilot end - if (and only if) it was automatically started for this autopilot
* Up & Away renamed to "Dronie"
* "Start Recording on Takeoff" now automatically switches the camera to video mode
* Correction of horizon only if rotated by more than 5 deg

For me, one file is ok and the other is damaged, can not be played.
If that happens only if both are recorded at the same time, but work fine individually, the solution is simple: Just record one .

Some phones have not enough power, others have restrictions on how many concurrent encoding / decoding jobs they can handle.

If your phone is not capable of recording two videos at the same time you just can't use both together. Do a screen recording, or do a tello video. Not both.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv