Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

v1.14P Headless mode works but no longer shows the drone orientation in the righthand stick.

Also, if I land and let the drone sit for a couple of minutes, I am getting"Overheated, shutting down!" requiring a restart
headless was wrong in 1.14a, as it was automatically re-adjusting the heading so that "pitch back" was always towards takeoff point.

Is it possible to have altitude limit for up and away and boomrang?
Just in case we want to fly indoor in community halls or large indoor space.

Tello should do up and away based on the altitude and distance limit.

Last edited:
Is it possible to have altitude limit for up and away and boomrang?
Just in case we want to fly indoor in community halls or large indoor space.

Tello should do up and away based on the altitude and distance limit.
Just set the general altitude limit - all autopilots respect this limit.
Keep in mind that Tello's altitude sensors are not really accurate so leave some error margin.

Issue is still there. Background is still white.
what phone model & what android version please? Rooted, modified developer settings or other non-standard modifications?

....I like the screen recording capability, what do you think of making it mappable as well..

(y)(y)(y)(y)

-mike
done, will be in next "major" release. I can't put it in the 1.14 release because I can't test this as I don't have a controller with me, and 1.14 should become final over the weekend.

Reactions: xcrost
Just set the general altitude limit - all autopilots respect this limit.
Keep in mind that Tello's altitude sensors are not really accurate so leave some error margin.

what phone model & what android version please? Rooted, modified developer settings or other non-standard modifications?
HTC ONE M7. Android 5.0.2. No Mods

HTC ONE M7. Android 5.0.2. No Mods

Same thing happens on one my devices, an old Nextbook tablet w/ android 5.0

I put 1.13c on it, just curious if the old tablet would run the app - it does!

Could both of you try 1.14c just release to play store? may take a few moments to become available.
I'm a running out of ideas for this one.

Could both of you try 1.14c just release to play store? may take a few moments to become available.
I'm a running out of ideas for this one.
Yeah!!!! That did it, good work. Thank you so much. I haven’t reviewed the app yet but I’m about to with 5 Stars!!

can you check that you are indeed in 1.14c and not 1.14b by accident? See menu => about.
Because for me the play store still said 1.14b when you wrote the comment .

1.14c hasn't shown up for me yet. Just for kicks I upgraded the Nextbook to 'b', same white background... will keep checking for 'c' but looks like you found the fix, thanks again.

Weather is great this morning, I'm going flying!

A question, would it be possible to implement the battery voltage on the screen in addition to the percentage?
maybe not useful for many, but interesting ...

As always, thanks for the excellent work you do on TelloFPV.(y)

Reactions: umanbean
1.14c installed on all my 5 devices - a mix of old and new phones and tablets of several sizes and specs. Haven't tried all APs and new features yet but everything is working well so far.

I like headless mode, yaw 90° and slide along for a cool cable cam effect

As usual, good job!

Reactions: GabrielK
A question, would it be possible to implement the battery voltage on the screen in addition to the percentage?
maybe not useful for many, but interesting ...

As always, thanks for the excellent work you do on TelloFPV.(y)
Battery voltage would be possible but meaningless. The problem is it fluctuates extremely, and the momentary reading does not give you any idea whats going on

Battery voltage would be possible but meaningless. The problem is it fluctuates extremely, and the momentary reading does not give you any idea whats going on
I hadn't thought about it ... but it could be interesting to have the initial take-off voltage and the final landing voltage in the flight log. (in the last flight)

The voltage before take off would be a valid voltage, but voltage after landing is not. The Voltage recovers a few seconds after landing so the value is determined by timing. Overall not really useful. People will start interpreting these values even though they are mostly unreliable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv