Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

Hi all,

A bit of testing into TelloFPV v1.15 beta and I'm very satisfied after a couple of short flights.

I love new Flight Log screen. A long awaited feature now turned a reality. First screen shows summary data, as before:

tellofpv flight log summary.jpg
As you press over each flight name it opens into a detail screen. Flight route path it's amazing !

tellofpv flight log detail.jpg

Logically, my summary info for the last months didn't match sum of detailed flights since yesterday. For syncronization I planned using delete summary button, but I miss another button for deleting single flight, as @Token2695 said before.

An annoying bug occurs me sometimes, after playing a bit into this screen detail info is not showed anymore and only fix I found is exiting Flight Log and came back again. See here:

Tellofpv flight log blank scren.jpg

It was impossible for me testing other interesting features like Autopilots, VPS message, Cancel Autolanding or increased video quality due bad weather.

All the best

Raul.
-------

Reactions: xcrost and Flydrone
Hi all,

A bit of testing into TelloFPV v1.15 beta and I'm very satisfied after a couple of short flights.

I love new Flight Log screen. A long awaited feature now turned a reality. First screen shows summary data, as before:

As you press over each flight name it opens into a detail screen. Flight route path it's amazing !

Logically, my summary info for the last months didn't match sum of detailed flights since yesterday. For syncronization I planned using delete summary button, but I miss another button for deleting single flight, as @Token2695 said before.

An annoying bug occurs me sometimes, after playing a bit into this screen detail info is not showed anymore and only fix I found is exiting Flight Log and came back again. See here:

It was impossible for me testing other interesting features like Autopilots, VPS message, Cancel Autolanding or increased video quality due bad weather.

All the best

Raul.
-------

It would be interesting to report the flight path on a type of satellite map (google maps) .. via GPS coordinates for smartphones.
It stores the GPS coordinates of the take-off point (smartphone position) but the problem is knowing how to bring the graph on a scaled map?
:unsure:

Reactions: raulvolador
It would be interesting to report the flight path on a type of satellite map (google maps) .. via GPS coordinates for smartphones.
It stores the GPS coordinates of the take-off point (smartphone position) but the problem is knowing how to bring the graph on a scaled map?
:unsure:

Too easy, just look for the kml file and import it into your goofle maps or google earth.

Reactions: xcrost and Flydrone
Hi all, new to forum just bought the tello. is there a chance of having tello fpv ios app as well? I wouldnt like to carry android phone just to fly tello, i use only iphone.

Hi all, new to forum just bought the tello. is there a chance of having tello fpv ios app as well? I wouldnt like to carry android phone just to fly tello, i use only iphone.

As the developed has stated many times in this forum - NO chance of developing TelloFPV for iOS!

I was resistant for several months but I finally got hold of an Android phone, took out the SIM card and use it only for flying my Tello. Bought a Gamesir T1s and an OTG Cable. I have not flown with my iPhone since. The TelloFPV app is so much better than the regular Tello app for flying..

Just do it!

Hi, need a little halp cause i dont find a.kml File on my Smartphone.
It is well hidden ?

Greets
You can't find a KML because there is none. Anielloz has leaked some secret feature.

Maybe its time to introduce you to vGPS - a bunch of GPS like features

First the important stuff:
This will take another week or so to release and it will be the first and only paid update to TelloFpv. I know that may upset some folks but thats the way it is, and I always said any GPS function would cost money (I had this idea even before I started TelloFpv). Guess what, Microsoft refuse to give me the latest Word even though I paid big bucks for "Word 95" back then. ;-) One time payment and continuous updates are simply mutual exclusive.

Beside the obvious reason -money- I want to keep this functionality a bit separate from the main app. The additional payment will be a barrier to keep the casual user and lookie loo away. Because this feature requires a bit of determination and discipline from the user or it won't work well. Depending on hardware it may not even work at all. I don't want to deal with hundreds of complains by noobs, nor do I want the 1star rating from these folks.

So what does it do?
The user has to follow a few simple steps to synchronize Tello's VPS and the phone's GPS with pretty good accuracy. Following that TelloFpv knows Tello's true position and heading, just like if it had GPS onboard - but within the limitations (reliability, accuracy) of VPS of course.

But what does it do????
The new Flight log will get two more functions:
One opens Googe Maps to show Tello's last known position so you can walk there.
The other creates a 3D KmL file and shows it in Google earth (or export / send / share it)
And one more thing... FollowMe. Well, errors accumulate over time & distance so reliability and accuracy isn't perfect but some testers had pretty decent results. On a good day I had Tello follow me riding a bike for maybe 200m.

Raul was one of the testers and made this video

this feature requires a bit of determination and discipline from the user or it won't work well.
That's why I haven't tried it yet, just haven't taken the time to get serious about vGPS. But when you release it to production version on Playstore, I know I'll pay for it because...
  • You deserve to be compensated for all your hard work, and dedication to us Tello Flyers
  • When it comes to Tellofpv, I've GOT to have the latest and greatest, even if I don't use the feature much! lol
Hey kids... Rock and Roll... Rock On!

Hi all,

I have tried vGPS for some weeks. Believe me, it's worth it ;)

You just have to perform a simple takeoff procedure and our little Tello starts using smartphone GPS data.

"FollowMe" it's only one of the new features. For example, I love reviewing flight route into Google Earth:

tellofpv vgps google eartth.jpg

It's incredible what this little machine can achieve using @volate!lo TelloFPV app.

Raul.

Last edited:
...I`ll buy as well, even though I don' t really need it, just to honour the work you put into the whole project. As you already mentioned, one has to avoid the one star rating disaster of people which can't set the whole thing into perspective. So pricing will be a bit tricky...

....one question though, I've got a virgin tello sitting in a cabinets drawer, I think it's from last September. Never connected with the stock software, no FW update yet. Leave it like this or upgrade ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv