Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

Would it be possible to take a screenshot of the screen during the flight directly by mapping a controller button?

Reactions: Token2695
**** so many Good news and I got a stuck tello motor! ☹ New motors on the way!
Sorry to hear that, hope the new ones get there soon.

I need to go ahead and order a set for myself, have one that seems to be going bad... it's a little 'stiffer' than the others when you flick it with a finger, and stops spinning before the others after landing.

For now, it flies ok but I know it's just a matter of time.

Looking forward to purchasing and enjoying the new vGPS addition. As others have said, take my money!

Probably not the correct thread, but just a note of support for the TelloFPV app. I actually purchased my Tello, controller, small repeater etc because I was so impressed with the app and how it transformed the Tello. Keep up the brilliant work.

As for the pricing mentioned, I appreciate the fact that you are making it very inexpensive and thus available for all. But I'm more than happy to pay a bit more to support your continued work. Is there a way to price it as you mentioned and still have some sort of donation/support page for your apps? Just a thought.

My current thought is 3 Euro.
Enough to keep the kids and lookie loo away, but OK for anyone interested. These folks hopefully take enough care so the vGPS process works.

... when, where and how can buy the vGPS extension ???
... is already on Play Store ???

AD MAIORA

Looking forward to purchasing and enjoying the new vGPS addition. As others have said, take my money!

Probably not the correct thread, but just a note of support for the TelloFPV app. I actually purchased my Tello, controller, small repeater etc because I was so impressed with the app and how it transformed the Tello. Keep up the brilliant work.

As for the pricing mentioned, I appreciate the fact that you are making it very inexpensive and thus available for all. But I'm more than happy to pay a bit more to support your continued work. Is there a way to price it as you mentioned and still have some sort of donation/support page for your apps? Just a thought.
Hi there, much appreciated.

I just price it the way I feel is fair, given what the app does. I charge what I think would be OK to pay, also in relation to what Tello itself costs. If I was doing it for an Inspire I'd charge 10x as much but for Tello I think its OK.

Donation / support feels wrong for me. It just isn't my cup of coffee. If someone thinks he should pay more: Please take whatever you feel appropriate and drop it into the hat of the next poor fella you meet in your home town.

... when, where and how can buy the vGPS extension ???
... is already on Play Store ???

AD MAIORA
It will take about a week to 10 days before it will be released

Sorry to hear that, hope the new ones get there soon.

I need to go ahead and order a set for myself, have one that seems to be going bad... it's a little 'stiffer' than the others when you flick it with a finger, and stops spinning before the others after landing.

For now, it flies ok but I know it's just a matter of time.
Mine doesnt even rotate anymore, It had some rough landings.

Mine doesnt even rotate anymore, It had some rough landings.
Be careful...I had a failing motor and lost my Tello. Tello shot straight up, full throttle, spinning full yaw, all the way to 705ft.+ altitude and I lost signal. I must have broken the altitude record! :(

Be careful...I had a failing motor and lost my Tello. Tello shot straight up, full throttle, spinning full yaw, all the way to 705ft.+ altitude and I lost signal. I must have broken the altitude record! :(
Ive already lost one due to some bad decisions, flying far with some tricky wind gusts. I later realized that low battery on the Phone makes the stream delay for a couple of seconds, couldn't head it Home before tellos battery ran out and auto landing kicked in. It must be on top of a building or something. This tello felt from the second floor, I was in vr Mode and hit the side of a Window when I flying Through it. I think I can replace it, Ive bought a soldering Iron a couple of months ago because sooner or later this was going to happen.

Reactions: xcrost
Congratulations !

It a great app!!

The only thing I wish here is the tello battery could run longer.

All the best

Best Regards,
Frequency

Hello,

Would you be so kind and help me with this problem.
I am trying to display the video on my android app. I have been able to send the commands and receive the state of the Dji Tello drone but I am having issues to display the video on my android app. I have decided to use OpenCV to do decoding from H.264, but I still do not have success. Please see a glance of what I tried to do.

stackoverflow.com

How to display video from a UDP socket using OpenCV in Android? (DjiTello)
I am trying to get the video that is streamed from the drone Dji Tello. It streams through a UDP socket on IP address 0.0.0.0 and on port 11111. I am trying to display the video on a surfaceview, ...
stackoverflow.com

stackoverflow.com

How could I accomplish this?

Thanks

Hello,

short comeback to original app.

I was just thinking about extension of boomerang AP.
Could it be possible to add an option in boomerang menu (or dronie, I´m not sure if return could be precise) to choose Circle beside 360?

Sample case.
I already begun mountain biking season and I would like to have Tello with me. It would be great to have some nice shot once our group reaches top of the hill. Dronie and boomerang has great results, but cirling around group of cyclists is more cool. Of course there is standard way set POI and adjust circle.
Combine boomerang or dronie with circle would simplify drone control and I think it should be looking great.
I believe there is a lot of other chances to use this.

Thank you

Sagvan

while the function itself is possible I doubt you will have fun with TelloFpf's APs on mountain tops. The VPS doesn't like steep terrain and VPS positions may be off quite a bit. That would render APs inaccurate or useless.
I think you will have to use manual control and be prepared for VPS fails

Reactions: Sagvan82
Volate!Io , you have really made the best software for the Tello ,

i wonder if its possible to :

Software Suggestion :

-Get live streaming or snap shots or data from the downward camera and integrated in the software.
- Gesture recognition option , for example wave to take snapshot or anything
- Mission Planner , draw a plan then the drone goes and comes back by itself.
- Face Recognition , smile to take photo
- Add Compass , showing orientation of drone in air.
-Gyroscope info display to show axis of rotation and inclination.
- Change of Home location .

i know this is a Tello and if i want all these options its already found in other models
But Just trying to make more perfect .

Thank you !

Volate!Io , you have really made the best software for the Tello ,

i wonder if its possible to :

Software Suggestion :

-Get live streaming or snap shots or data from the downward camera and integrated in the software.
- Gesture recognition option , for example wave to take snapshot or anything
- Mission Planner , draw a plan then the drone goes and comes back by itself.
- Face Recognition , smile to take photo
- Add Compass , showing orientation of drone in air.
-Gyroscope info display to show axis of rotation and inclination.
- Change of Home location .

i know this is a Tello and if i want all these options its already found in other models
But Just trying to make more perfect .

Thank you !
Hi there,

thanks for the suggestions.
#1 downward camera is inaccessible
#2 I will look into this, but this requires Computer Vision libraries. Complex & heavy compared towhat the app uses right now. But its on the list
#3 Same here but I doubt the stream resolution is good enough for reliable smile recognition
#4 Part of the upcoming vGPS function, but requires compatible phone and additional synch steps (tello itself does not have a compass)
#5 Thats what the bird in the screen center is for
#6 Just long press the home button

Cheers

Reactions: bsaridar

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv