Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

Go to the compass itself and use it a few times. Might just help. I use the Huawei p smart 2018 and it works fine.

I tried this several times to be sure it's working, no change. Also I checked all the permission for FPV app and compass in advanced settings, all enabled. I have disabled few useless google built-in apps, only difference between factory settings. Maybe would be helpfull to know which permitions VGPS requires.

Sounds like a bug !
try the following. Menu - unlock vGPS opens the screen where you can buy / test. Then take the phone and wave it a bit around for a second to trigger compass updates. Please report back if that fixed it.

:unsure: Your initial request was for a bicycle but now you want a Porsche....

possible but not a priority for now. This VR settings are a bit annoying but its one time only.

Reactions: umanbean
Sounds like a bug !
try the following. Menu - unlock vGPS opens the screen where you can buy / test. Then take the phone and wave it a bit around for a second to trigger compass updates. Please report back if that fixed it.

I did as you said and it looks like it worked ...
but I noticed that it happens often. I ask, once VGPS is unlocked there should be no more problems with this warning, right?

I did as you said and it looks like it worked ...
but I noticed that it happens often. I ask, once VGPS is unlocked there should be no more problems with this warning, right?
That was just a stupid bug.
I drop all compass events if the device is lying flat, as for normal operation you have to hold the phone up and compass calculations are depending on phone orientation.
But if you are using the vGPS purchase/est screen while holding the device pretty flat it doesn't receive any compass data. So the app thinks your device doesn't have a valid compass sensor.

Fixed in the next release (tonight)

Reactions: Flydrone
Please be informed that the next beta (later today!) will remove FollowMe and all other easter eggs. The current Beta is the last one with these functions but will stop working in a few days.

These easter eggs are giving me major headaches because tons of people see the YT videos and flood my inbox. Yesterday it was about 40 emails regarding FollowMe. Today I haven't even opened my Mailbox.

Also I don't like watching epic fail videos on YT. Like this one
The second run is considered a success by some but that was just coincidence. TelloFpv had no clue where tello was as the vGPS sync procedure wasn't followed. Maybe my manual isn't clear enough, but as always many folks just don't read it.

Somehow I have to get this Jini back into the bottle. Sorry for the trouble

Reactions: Flydrone
That was just a stupid bug.
I drop all compass events if the device is lying flat, as for normal operation you have to hold the phone up and compass calculations are depending on phone orientation.
But if you are using the vGPS purchase/est screen while holding the device pretty flat it doesn't receive any compass data. So the app thinks your device doesn't have a valid compass sensor.

Fixed in the next release (tonight)

That explain everything :D
I played a bit with this and I was receiving two types of messages. Sometimes about unavailable compass and sometimes it shows that I need another 2 minutes of outdoor flight.
Once I finished required flight time I passed to the VGPS sucessfuly (luckily I oriented phone correctly).

BTW flight log in google maps looks really great, amazing job Volate!lo (y) I´m impressed how precise it is.

Some vision how to save log files? Synchronize with account, back up folder or another way? Now it really make sense to keep logs saved.

Thank you

Its your App, so you decide whats in or out of the magic Lamp.

True, just doesn't feel good to disappoint people.

Some vision how to save log files? Synchronize with account, back up folder or another way? Now it really make sense to keep logs saved.

Thank you

I have some bullet on my todo list regarding export / import of flights.
Some people on FB asked for true synchronization but that requires cloud services and I am not looking forward to being responsible for user data in my cloud. Not that Tello flight logs are that sensitive information but I just don't want that responsibility and liability.

These easter eggs are giving me major headaches because tons of people see the YT videos and flood my inbox. Yesterday it was about 40 emails regarding FollowMe. Today I haven't even opened my Mailbox.
Maybe it's time to back off a little bit?

This app is already so feature laden, it's hard for me to keep up with the changes.

Take a vacation dude

Maybe it's time to back off a little bit?

This app is already so feature laden, it's hard for me to keep up with the changes.

Take a vacation dude

I will be mostly offline all of July and first half of August: ✈?? ??

TelloFpv will now enter stabilizing phase . Maybe minor new features, but mostly optimizing what is there so I can leave it alone for a few weeks. New features in August earliest

v1.2d has been released to playstore as beta

Its mostly a small bugfixing releaseadressing some freezing problems when switching between video & photo mode.
This release removes FollowMe and all other known easter eggs.

Hello. I am from Russia, and I can't download app. You can add Russia to allowed or can be make APK? I can pay for it. (Buy Pro version example in app)
I kill my own Tello while using is low quality app. And I need this app for working with new Tello.
Tello FPV support Android 10? I can test it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190528-005149.png
    Screenshot_20190528-005149.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
I just spend a few minutes with v1. 2d and and on my handset it works fine. There is already more than enough functions for one battery to handle?. And they all work well. So yeah. Take a break.

Reactions: newhouse
Hello. I am from Russia, and I can't download app. You can add Russia to allowed or can be make APK? I can pay for it. (Buy Pro version example in app)
I kill my own Tello while using is low quality app. And I need this app for working with new Tello.
Tello FPV support Android 10? I can test it.
Sorry but I don't sell the app in Russia anymore. Too many Russians thought it was worth 1 star.
I don't provide workarounds. Sorry.

I think some Russians are impatient and ungrateful,
sadly this shows the bad rating of TelloFPV.
whatever it is ...

If I see some significant trend in ratings, reviews, or statistics then I have to act to protect my work. I know that some nice individuals can't get the app due to this, but that is collateral damage.

whatever it is ...

If I see some significant trend in ratings, reviews, or statistics then I have to act to protect my work. I know that some nice individuals can't get the app due to this, but that is collateral damage.

I see your app now in Russia, but i can't download it on my device.
I have
- Pixel 2 XL
- Nexus 9
You don't support any devices of this?

Russian-speaking users usually give a bad rating if there is no support for the Russian language, and this is sad.
Why you can't release APK on another platform? I can buy this app (beta version) in alternative way?
You can disable Russia in Normal Release and Enable in Beta. Beta users can't make 1 star to app. (i think its can be problem solving)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode