Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

It just brought up a msg like when you originally open the app and to connect to wifi. I was right next to the Extender and it showed connected on my phone

if it said "Please connect to Tello\'s wifi" it means that the phone had (momentarily) lost connection to the extender. Its highly unlikely that this was caused by the app. In fact the app does not control / change / manipulate the wifi connection in any way to eliminate the risk that it could cause such a problem.

If it said "Connecting to Tello..." it could theoretically be caused by a bug. In reality such a bug is not impossible but unlikely as I haven't touched that part of the code for weeks and the app is used for 2500+ flights per day.

Last edited:
I had noticed those occluded buttons on the lower corners of my LG G7 screen, but never had not dawned on me it was because of the rounded corners of my display. DUH! The new release solves it almost entirely. Once again, my hat is off to VolaTello - fantastic work.

Reactions: raulvolador
I was right next to the Extender and it showed connected on my phone
If you have the xiaomi extender, the green light means it's connected to the access point on the Tello.

If you get disconnected again, check
  • exact wording of the error message
  • Wi-Fi connection on the phone drop-down status bar
  • Connect light on the extender

Last edited:
Hi all,

For people with no automatic updates from Play Store (like me) I just realized than yesterday june 6 was published a new TelloFPV beta version 1.2k

New
* Options to adjust for phones with display notch / cutout
* Options to adjust for phones with round display corners
* Configure speed and direction of Boomerang 360

I installed it and works like a charm. As developer promised, it allow for a wider range of layout adjustment for rounded corners.

Thanks, @volate!lo ;)

Raul

Last edited:
Reactions: Flydrone
Hi all,

For people with no automatic updates from Play Store (like me) I just realized than yesterday june 6 was published a new TelloFPV beta version 1.2k

New
* Options to adjust for phones with display notch / cutout
* Options to adjust for phones with round display corners
* Configure speed and direction of Boomerang 360

I installed it and works like a charm. As developer promised, it allow for a wider range of layout adjustment for rounded corners.

Thanks, @volate!lo ;)

Raul
I thought it was such a minor release that its not really worth the message, but thanks anyway!
Actually its not a beta but a production release. With such a small change I felt brave enough to push it directly to production without going through beta test

I thought it was such a minor release that its not really worth the message, but thanks anyway!
Actually its not a beta but a production release. With such a small change I felt brave enough to push it directly to production without going through beta test

Ok., thanks ;)

By the way, Is there any way to differentiate a beta release of a production release ?

Raul.

Ok., thanks ;)

By the way, Is there any way to differentiate a beta release of a production release ?

Raul.
No, you can't. Even I can't. There is no difference in the app, no matter if it came in via beta testing or production release. Its just a matter of distribution channels, but the end product is the same

During early beta testing I add a few flags to the beta version so the app shows my beta test message and makes sure that beta test versions stop to function after a while, but that is optional and not present in later beta & production releases.

Good day.
I want to buy your application, but in Russia it is not available in Google play! How do I make a purchase?

Good day.
I want to buy your application, but in Russia it is not available in Google play! How do I make a purchase?

Volate!lo, app's creator, wrote this a few days ago:

These devices are compatible. But Russia is disabled completely. Play store wrongly lists the app as available in Russia but incompatible with your devices.

The Russian market for TelloFpv is too small to justify localization. I sold fewer licenses in Russia than in Venezuela which is already a tiny market. So while I am sorry for a few individuals I think that protecting the app from bad ratings is more important than the 50 or so licenses I would sell there.

So the only thing you can use is the free demo version. Sorry.

There is already an option in the settings to hide the onscreens when not in use.
Or do you mean to completely disable them?
Completly disable, cause i use a T1s and it toggles between Student(onscreen) and Master Control.
Strange , perhaps i make a mistake in my configuration :(

Edit:
Okay, my fault. Wrong config.
Sorry for disturbing.

Last edited:
Hi,

I keep testing v1.2k and everything works perfect: Screen adjust for notch area and rounded corners it's ok, video recordings are cristal clear, post-flight route analysis over Google Earth is a really a cool feature, vGPS is pretty accurate and calibration is an easy to do procedure once you get used to it.

Only a minor drawback discovered into vGPS calibration screen. It seems compass rose numbered degress not correcty shown and left shifted.

June release with no bottom numbered degrees and left shifted:
june version bad.jpg

For reference, numbered degrees correctly shown and centered into old April release:
april version old phone.jpg

I'm afraid it could be due to my new smartphone hardware. It carries a wide screen 19.5:9 ratio and a dual camera (dual-camera setup consisting of a 16MP main snapper with f/1.7 and a secondary ultra wide-angle 5MP f/2.2 lens ). This issue It is not a problem for me as long as it does not influence calibration procedure.

I would like to know @volate!lo opinion.

All the best

Raul.

Last edited:
Hi Raul,

this is just a layout issue caused by your phone's resolution without any side effects.
The compass rose was just a fun visualization because the vGPS screen looked so boring. I already spent way too much time on this so maybe I should just remove it in a future release.

Thanks for continued testing & reporting any issues found!

Cheers

Hello Volate!lo,

Would it be possible to have a dumb viewer mode on a second device?
I know there is master and student modes, but I'd love to have a second copy of the app running on a tablet to allow my daughter to view what I'm seeing inside my headset. I don't want her to be able to do any control actions though, just view.
It's no big deal, and I'm sure you have lots on with the app anyway, but I thought I'd ask.
It's a great app, has transformed the hobby for me at a very reasonable cost, I'm very grateful!
Thanks!

Does anyone use the Samsung Gear VR headset for FPV flying? I've searched past posts but it's still not clear whether the Gear VR headsets work OK with TelloFPV. I know the headsets are mainly designed to work in their own Oculus based ecosystem. Failing that, any recommendations for a simple VR headset that works over glasses (or has built in dipotre adjustment)?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv