Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

I think this is a great app, well worth it. What upgrades, changes you got in the pipeline for it?

For now i won't change anything over the next weeks as i will be gone & offline for summer soon. After that who knows.
Anyway I think tello fpv is now pretty much feature complete. It's, more about optimisation and a few minor features here and there.

Last edited:
For now i won't change anything over the next weeks as i will be gone & offline for summer soon. After that who knows.
Anyway I think tello fpv is now pretty much feature complete. It's, more about optimisation and a few minor features here and there.
Please remember the automation :
1) Set POI
2) Dronie
3) Circle arround POI
4) fly down to POI 90%

Thanks!

Please remember the automation :
1) Set POI
2) Dronie
3) Circle arround POI
4) fly down to POI 90%

Thanks!
That one is still on my list and covered under " a few minor features here and there ". The same for an autopilot that circles and makes photos instead of videos.

But I won't release these before I leave for summer holidays next week. Any release always includes the risk to break something, and I won't be able tofix it easily while on the road.
So it will be mid of August for this autopilot.

@AnGo I just released 1.4c as beta. Please give it a try, it fixes the control lag (well - at least for me it does)

To help improve results for Copilot users the app will now temporarily switch to 1Mbps whenever a Copilot is connected. At the time the last Copilot disconnects the original bitrate selection is restored.

I know this isn't the perfect solution, but Copilot and high video quality seem mutually exclusive in many setups, especially if a BT controller is used. Maybe we need a second bitrate selection for copilot in the long run.

Last edited:
Reactions: lifescanner
I'm fortunate to have not noticed any control lag using Copilot, so I'll pass on 1.4c... the only annoyance I have is having to click OK on the beta disclaimer every time I open 1.4b (full version) on my phone but I can live with that until the production version.

In fact, early yesterday morning I got bored and felt like experimenting for a while. Just for kicks, I dug out and charged up two old tablets, a 2015 Fire 7 running the original Android 5 fork it came with, and, believe it or not, an old (very slow) Nextbook 8" with a very strange version of Android 5.0.

Installed Copilot 1.4b on those, also used my M3 tablet as a copilot, and S5 phone as control device.

With the tablets sitting side-by-side on the bar, I flew a full battery around the kitchen with no problems and no noticeable video or control lag... and was duly impressed.

I'm fortunate to have not noticed any control lag using Copilot, so I'll pass on 1.4c... the only annoyance I have is having to click OK on the beta disclaimer every time I open 1.4b (full version) on my phone but I can live with that until the production version.

In fact, early yesterday morning I got bored and felt like experimenting for a while. Just for kicks, I dug out and charged up two old tablets, a 2015 Fire 7 running the original Android 5 fork it came with, and, believe it or not, an old (very slow) Nextbook 8" with a very strange version of Android 5.0.

Installed Copilot 1.4b on those, also used my M3 tablet as a copilot, and S5 phone as control device.

With the tablets sitting side-by-side on the bar, I flew a full battery around the kitchen with no problems and no noticeable video or control lag... and was duly impressed.
Cool.

The crucial point why you don't have issues is that you are not using bluetooth. Add bluetooth and all sorts of troubles appear.

But: 1.4b is already final in the play store. Just leave the beta test program and you will get it, without the beta test message.
Or stay in Beta and try the 1.4c which brings the reduced bitrate :-(

But I won't release these before I leave for summer holidays next week........

So it will be mid of August for this autopilot.
Gonna to be mighty slow around here without. This thread is just about the only thing that's kept this site as active as it has been since December (y) ;)... of course it's kind of flattened out lately, since Tellofpv matured.

Hope you have happy holidays, take care...

Reactions: GabrielK
thanks, will surely have nice holidays. I will check mails every other day when in a hotel so I won't be gone completely.

Hi volate!lo,
the App looks great (I bought it yesterday)!
But: where can I find a manual? How do I set multikey controller actions (i.e. R2 + Y for takeoff or R2 + A for landing)?
I only can set R1 or R2.

Last edited:
Hi volate!lo,
the App looks great (I bought it yesterday)!
But: where can I find a manual? How do I set multikey controller actions (i.e. R2 + Y for takeoff or R2 + A for landing)?
I only can set R1 or R2.
The manual is under menu - help.
Multikey actions are not supported. You can use short / long press instead.

Cool.

The crucial point why you don't have issues is that you are not using bluetooth. Add bluetooth and all sorts of troubles appear.

But: 1.4b is already final in the play store. Just leave the beta test program and you will get it, without the beta test message.
Or stay in Beta and try the 1.4c which brings the reduced bitrate :-(
Dear sir, might I hope that your app will work with the g7plus? Stock app give me the dreaded green lines on video feed....flies fine but!

Dear sir, might I hope that your app will work with the g7plus? Stock app give me the dreaded green lines on video feed....flies fine but!
The answer to your question is in the Google Play app store.

There is a free demo version there. If that works the full version will work.

In the Play Store search for Tello FPV and try the demo.

In my experience if your OS is Android 5.0 or later it will work

The answer to your question is in the Google Play app store.

There is a free demo version there. If that works the full version will work.

In the Play Store search for Tello FPV and try the demo.

In my experience if your OS is Android 5.0 or later it will work
It does and Volatello is without doubt a demigod. Thanks so much for your reply. By the way does anyone have any spare batteries they want to sell?

The license check prevented me from getting some good video last night. There will always be times I have no wifi or data. This will make the app useless in those situations. Can this be fixed?

Hello all, first post, happy to be here.

I'm a new Tello owner and I'm testing the demo vs of this app on my Samsung Note 8 running android 9. I have latest of every app and my Tello's firmware is up to date.

My on screen video freezes after about 5 seconds, everything else appears to be working, for the demo app anyway. I am flying in my house with the Tello no more than 10ft away from me.

I may have found a work around by tapping on the signal strength icon which takes me to my wifi setting screen and backing into the app which starts the on screen video again. It seems to stay on after doing that but still testing.

Is there something I can do to remedy this? Is it an issue with the demo app alone maybe?

The app is amazing but this issue obviously is a big concern.

Confirmed that the same screen freeze happens with the full app on my device.

Hitting the wifi strength icon which goes to the settings and backing back into this app forces a screen restart and it seems to be okay from then on. I am not using the companion app.

Unless it's something that I haven't set correctly it appears to be a bug. I have not changed any of the image, screen settings from default.

In all cases I have set my device to the Tello wifi prior to opening this app. Maybe I'll try the other way around.

Samsung Note 8, Android 9, no controller or range extender.

And I'll take R2-long presses for takeoff
I personally wouldn't recommend this key for takeoff command based on my personal experience. Having the Phone the clamp of the Controller makes it easily happen that when you lay the controller on the ground the button is pressed by the controller's and phone's weight and your tello starts while you are not expecting it. So try this setting with care and don't be surprised on any unexpected takeoffs ;) Due to this I use one of the normal keys for takeoff and bind the L2/R2 for features only valid during already in flight.

Reactions: Koedoe888

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv