Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

@AnGo I just released 1.4c as beta. Please give it a try, it fixes the control lag (well - at least for me it does)

Thank you, I tested again today and currently it seems to behave more stable. No significant delays and als no freezes in the copilot's video stream. Not the best image quality on Copilot, but it can be used now at least without the risk of accidents.

Have a great holiday and find some time also to use your app there ;) Pictures and Videos Section is already awaiting your shots I assume ;)

Personally a beta test using samsung 9 have found no issues with this app. Been using it for quite awhile designer is very responsive did an excellent job this is my go to app well worth buying, brings a whole new life to tello and makes it enjoyable to fly. Keeps saying faults I have yet to see any.

Reactions: volate!lo
Some time ago I saw a video about a new feature "follow me" that makes use of the vGPS option.
However I cannot find it in the current Beta version of the App (v1.4c P). Has it been discarded or where it is hiding?

The license check prevented me from getting some good video last night. There will always be times I have no wifi or data. This will make the app useless in those situations. Can this be fixed?
Licence valuation runs only through the first two days (automatic play store refund period). So this will 'fix' itself
Confirmed that the same screen freeze happens with the full app on my device.

Hitting the wifi strength icon which goes to the settings and backing back into this app forces a screen restart and it seems to be okay from then on. I am not using the companion app.

Unless it's something that I haven't set correctly it appears to be a bug. I have not changed any of the image, screen settings from default.

In all cases I have set my device to the Tello wifi prior to opening this app. Maybe I'll try the other way around.

Samsung Note 8, Android 9, no controller or range extender.
Please read this post New app: TelloFPV
And play with the 'v codec filter' settings. It seems your codec has special needs

Some time ago I saw a video about a new feature "follow me" that makes use of the vGPS option.
However I cannot find it in the current Beta version of the App (v1.4c P). Has it been discarded or where it is hiding?
Discarded for not working well enough.

So I noticed in the recent update the iFrame interval can be maxed until 15s or -. What does it means? From what I get by reading the manual and discussion, the higher iFrame interval will improved video recording but in expense for broken frame if some interruption happen.

Lately I try 15s and video recording was so good, but what does it means with - ?

And recently I've experience an almost "fly away" In the high wind around 15meters, and another in above the trees. It said VPS signal lost or something. Did it have anything to do with the iFrame interval 15s?

Thank you, and enjoy your holiday??

So I noticed in the recent update the iFrame interval can be maxed until 15s or -. What does it means? From what I get by reading the manual and discussion, the higher iFrame interval will improved video recording but in expense for broken frame if some interruption happen.

Lately I try 15s and video recording was so good, but what does it means with - ?

And recently I've experience an almost "fly away" In the high wind around 15meters, and another in above the trees. It said VPS signal lost or something. Did it have anything to do with the iFrame interval 15s?

Thank you, and enjoy your holiday??
Iframe setting - just deactivates periodic iframes completely. In case of undetected defects the streams is not repaired and may show garbage for long periods.

If the app says vps deactivated then tello has deactivated the vps. Nothing the app can do about this, this is done by tello on its own. Has nothing to do with anything the app does, and iframe has no im impact.

Pity.. What I saw didn't look that bad, even if it is maybe not perfectly accurate
What you did not see is how many attempts it took. Some people may enjoy an imperfect follow me but many others would complain.

A lot of us tested it and it was a flip of a coin situation. It will either work for a while or just simply go in its own direction. So ultimately you could lose your drone. So if this guy say it's not worth it I'll take his word for it.

On a side note: I received a message from a user who is confronted with a "Licensing compromised" message.

There is only one reason why this is shown: A special program has been used to "patch" Google Play Store or TelloFpv, rendering the licensing mechanism useless. Both are against the respective EULAs of course.
In this case the user wanted to get rid of advertising in other apps, and has patched the google play store.

Because of the compromised play store TelloFpv can no longer determine if this is a legal copy or not, and refuses to work. Even though he has paid for TelloFpv app he can't use it.

I am OK to refund the purchase price in these scenarios but I am not going to actively support this type of installation. It feels like support for cheating on fellow developers who don't receive their well deserved (advertising) revenue. App development is not a charity.

Why is TelloFpv so strict: Google statistics show that in some markets I have many clever fans who prefer not to pay. Basically it's only three countries where the vast majority of pirate apps is installed, I don't know why. Mindset and culture I reckon. There is one extreme country where I can see four times more illegal copies than legal ones.
I understand that you want to protect your apps from piracy, but this decision is only hurting legitimate users. Pirates will just use a cracked version, for legit users that's not an option.

I buy all my apps. I do not have Lucky Patcher or anything that modifies the Play Store, and I disabled Adaway, and yet I still can't use your app which I purchased with my own money, and it's too late to refund it, as I bought it weeks ago assuming it would actually work when I decided I wanted to fly the Tello. Meanwhile, most pirates would never even run into this issue, they would simply download a cracked apk file.
I'm not sure if your app is detecting my root or what, but in any case that leaves me the only option of pirating your app if I want to use it, because you won't let me use it legitimately. See the problem with that?
The only apps with this kind of behavior are ones where having a rooted device might actually matter for security purposes like banking apps, or games or apps with some sort or online functionality where memory editing or GPS spoofing using root apps can be a legitimate concern. It makes no sense for an app like this.
Besides, you don't need root nor Lucky Patcher nor a modified play store to pirate stuff. All you need is a cracked apk.

By the way, I think you misunderstood something about ad blockers. They are against the Play Store policies which means they aren't allowed to be listed there. However, sideloading of apps in Android is completely legitimate and officially supported, and there is no policy saying you aren't allowed to sideload any app you like, that would be going against the openness of Android. That simply applies to listing apps on Google Play itself. Having an ad blocker installed on your phone is not in violation of any policies. And with how obnoxious ads get nowadays, I don't think I could live without one. Can you really blame people for using ad blockers? Are those really the people you should be going after?
What does the Play Store have to do with ad blockers anyway? Nothing, that's what. They severed all ties to ad blockers a while ago and simply want nothing to do with them. Probably due to pressure from developers complaining that people could just download an app from the Play Store and bypass the ads in their app and they wouldn't get paid. Or even Google itself deciding to make that change. Which is understandable, as they also own AdMob, all the while they were enabling blocking of their own ads by allowing such apps.

Last edited:
A lot of us tested it and it was a flip of a coin situation. It will either work for a while or just simply go in its own direction. So ultimately you could lose your drone. So if this guy say it's not worth it I'll take his word for it.
Wow, that's indeed a reasonable decision then to discard the approach. Didn't expect such drastic defects. Then I can understand better his decision

Reactions: ChrisWu
I understand that you want to protect your apps from piracy, but this decision is only hurting legitimate users. Pirates will just use a cracked version, for legit users that's not an option.

I buy all my apps. I do not have Lucky Patcher or anything that modifies the Play Store, and I disabled Adaway, and yet I still can't use your app which I purchased with my own money, and it's too late to refund it, as I bought it weeks ago assuming it would actually work when I decided I wanted to fly the Tello. Meanwhile, most pirates would never even run into this issue, they would simply download a cracked apk file.
I'm not sure if your app is detecting my root or what, but in any case that leaves me the only option of pirating your app if I want to use it, because you won't let me use it legitimately. See the problem with that?
The only apps with this kind of behavior are ones where having a rooted device might actually matter for security purposes like banking apps, or games or apps with some sort or online functionality where memory editing or GPS spoofing using root apps can be a legitimate concern. It makes no sense for an app like this.
Besides, you don't need root nor Lucky Patcher nor a modified play store to pirate stuff. All you need is a cracked apk.

By the way, I think you misunderstood something about ad blockers. They are against the Play Store policies which means they aren't allowed to be listed there. However, sideloading of apps in Android is completely legitimate and officially supported, and there is no policy saying you aren't allowed to sideload any app you like, that would be going against the openness of Android. That simply applies to listing apps on Google Play itself. Having an ad blocker installed on your phone is not in violation of any policies. And with how obnoxious ads get nowadays, I don't think I could live without one. Can you really blame people for using ad blockers? Are those really the people you should be going after?
What does the Play Store have to do with ad blockers anyway? Nothing, that's what. They severed all ties to ad blockers a while ago and simply want nothing to do with them. Probably due to pressure from developers complaining that people could just download an app from the Play Store and bypass the ads in their app and they wouldn't get paid. Or even Google itself deciding to make that change. Which is understandable, as they also own AdMob, all the while they were enabling blocking of their own ads by allowing such apps.
No problems to refund you anytime, just send me your order number - gpa number.

My app does not work on phones with modified play stores. That is stated clearly in the description. It's part of the anti piracy measures i have taken.
I don't care about ad blockers. Google does but i don't. But many of these blockers modify the play store and that is a problem for correct license validation. I simply can't trust a modified play store.
That play store modification is against the license google granted to you for using the play store. Sideloading apps is allowed off course, but modifications of play store app is not.

Cracking... shady business. To crack an app maybe 99.99% of all 'hackers' use luckypatcher and similar apps to automatically crack an app.
None of these tools work with my apps. Try to find a cracked version, there is none. only a very old and buggy beta version where i made a dumb mistake.
I am not saying it's impossible to crack. It is. But only very very few people are actually able to manually crack an app, and this takes weeks of effort and a lot of dedication. Nobody does this to save 5 bucks

Btw: as soon as i find a cracked apk this will trigger an immediate stop for all development activities. Thanks to Google analytics i have a good idea of the amount of piracy attempts going on. As soon as a cracked version spreads the revenue stream will drain significantly and further development would not make sense.

Last edited:
After doing some flights with VR goggles (ZEISS VR ONE Plus) I come up with the question if the display of the stereoscopic picture could be adapted to the way like the common VR apps do it. In TelloFPV the pictures in VR Mode are just two exact squares, which results in a strange distorted perspective when looking towards the edges of the view area for example when reading the telemetry at the bottom through the VR device and causes - at least for me - not feeling much comfortable anymore during longer usage.

I think that's why usually the display is not just a square, but rounded like in this example:
vr-view.jpg

Maybe the intensity of the curved edges can be configured in a future version, currently I didn't find any setting for VR mode that influences this distortion.

Another suggestion could be the possibility to bind a controller button to the tap on the autopilot-menu, that it opens and then can be navigated through using the sticks like on setting up the values for a specific autopilot. I know, the APs can be linked already directly to certain keys, but sometimes it is easier to remember only one key binding instead of having all 5 or 6 in mind, or to find it blind if you can't look at the controller as you have the VR Goggles on your head.

So the vGPS does not work at all in Tello or does it influence anything? is that I'm out of Tello and I'm seeing if it's worth buying another for that function, nothing more ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv