Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

quick question before i press the button and buy it
the purchase is per device or per user?
i have two devices, can i install in both and use one at the time?
if i buy a new mobile?

thanks
G

Licence stays with your Google account and is good for as many phones as you own.

After buying it may take a few hours before you can download on the other phone, to speed this up you have to delete playstore data. Nor an app issue but a play store issue

Reactions: UtahRadioMan
Lol. One of the first things I asked for was a shutoff button. Better to see it fall out of the sky than to see it fly away. But yes there will always be cry baby's but my opinion is still that it will be better especially if your drone starts drifting towards the ocean. It will be cheaper digging it out of the sand than fishing for it?

Lol. One of the first things I asked for was a shutoff button. Better to see it fall out of the sky than to see it fly away. But yes there will always be cry baby's but my opinion is still that it will be better especially if your drone starts drifting towards the ocean. It will be cheaper digging it out of the sand than fishing for it?
A few people will applaud for this function but many more will complain it malfunctioned and killed their drone.

Not so sure about your example :unsure:
drop it in the ocean: rinse, dry, fly
Drop it in fine sand: replace all motors

Last edited:
I must admit, if it has such a button my Tello would not land in the trees.
I had to buy Another one. 95€
You will understand that I would like to have such a Button. Better wet, dirty, with broken rotors as to spend 95€.
But I accept and understand your oppinion.

Reactions: Flydrone
Currently only one phone with up to 2 controllers is supported. No master / slave between phones (yet)

I could be a political correct nice guy and say: Hey, great idea. Let me think about this.

I prefer a clear communication: pre-recorded flights will never be implemented. See the roadmap in post #1 of this thread.
TelloFpv is about real world use cases in FPV, video, photo. Not about programming, or pre-recorded tricks, or something like this.

This type of functionality just doesn't fit into what I want TelloFpv to be. Yeah, that might sound arrogant, but this is a commercial project and I have to keep TelloFpv focused and in good shape to provide the best use for the majority of customers. Once it becomes a bunch of fun experiments with a cluttered interface its dead.

Also it just would not really work as Tello has no sense of absolute position or direction. It's all relative! You'd have to ensure Tello is exactly (!!) at the same position & direction each time you execute a flight plan. You can't assure this so Tello will constantly crash, at least for the vast majority of users.

Flight plans without real-world reference points are completely useless. Try aTelloPilot. You press some point on the screen and Tello flies by itself to this point. The only problem is: You have no clue where this point is in the real world. Your best guess is "somewhere in front of me... or maybe left or so"
Real map-based waypoints & flightplan would be very useful but require a GPS or GPS-like functionality, at the minimum a compass giving true direction. I'll let you know as soon as I find a hidden GPS or compass. Until then: Doesn't work.
Personally I think this is what makes a good app. I would much rather an application where the dev is focused on what the app is and then go about making that app the best it can be within that scope. Too many applications try to stuff so much into them and you end up getting clutter and confusion.

I do have a want for this waypoint functionality and it seems I will have to implement myself, but saw this post and wanted to say bravo for putting on the reins! In no way is it arrogant.

Reactions: ceredajunior
[Quote = "! Volate oto wpis: 24123, członek: 4528"]
OK, nowa wersja jest w dół do 20min lotów na zewnątrz wymagane.

Aby przetestować FollowMe:
Otwórz menu - o
dotknij 3x w sekcji punktacji
wprowadź "y: tstr = 1"

Nowa FollowMe AP jest wyświetlany w menu AP (vGPS musi być odblokowany pierwszy!).
[/ZACYTOWAĆ]
OK, new version is down to 20min outdoor flights required.

To test FollowMe:
open menu - about
tap 3x on credits section
enter "s:tstr=1"

A new FollowMe AP is shown in the AP menu (vGPS must be unlocked first!).

[Quote = "! Volate oto wpis: 24123, członek: 4528"]
OK, nowa wersja jest w dół do 20min lotów na zewnątrz wymagane.

Aby przetestować FollowMe:
Otwórz menu - o
dotknij 3x w sekcji punktacji
wprowadź "y: tstr = 1"

Nowa FollowMe AP jest wyświetlany w menu AP (vGPS musi być odblokowany pierwszy!).
[/ZACYTOWAĆ]
Follow me has never been officially released and is also no longer part of the test builds. It just does not work

Thank you very much for the instructions I have gps active but the code you wrote to me may not work, I don't know anything bad. Generally, I have very positive feelings when using your application, I still rarely use it to write something more specific you did a piece of good work Regards Bob B Greetings from beautiful Scotland(I apologize in advance for my English)

I haven't sent you instructions - i simply quoted your post.
The code you refer to was used some time ago for testing, and the tests failed. Consequently the function had been removed and the activation code simply does nothing at all.

the application is awesome I find it super simple to use simpler than the original application tello. If the application could be in French it would help me lol. I have a question maybe it's my fault because I can not be found it is possible to fly without a giroscope completely manual way? sorry for my english very bad;)

Under Main settings, MISC, you can change the language setting accordingly.

Look at this application, I think it is the best, my new Tello really love it, the other shows that I was more afraid of flying drones, and this one that I am currently I'm not afraid anymore. Look, I would like to suggest some options, if of course the firmware allows it and well, what I would like is that this application can have a section to see the states of the aircraft if something or something is missing, since this Personally, It seems important to me since it is a protocol to make a safe flight, and in the meantime I have to go to the Tello application to know if everything is going well and it would be comfortable to have everything in one application, as well as to be able to calibrate the IMU, and I don't know if it's possible that they put in this way advanced camera settings something professional (although I think I'm asking for more than what Tello offers). I would like to have it in TelloFPV without a doubt, it was worth paying for this application.

Look at this application, I think it is the best, my new Tello really love it, the other shows that I was more afraid of flying drones, and this one that I am currently I'm not afraid anymore. Look, I would like to suggest some options, if of course the firmware allows it and well, what I would like is that this application can have a section to see the states of the aircraft if something or something is missing, since this Personally, It seems important to me since it is a protocol to make a safe flight, and in the meantime I have to go to the Tello application to know if everything is going well and it would be comfortable to have everything in one application, as well as to be able to calibrate the IMU, and I don't know if it's possible that they put in this way advanced camera settings something professional (although I think I'm asking for more than what Tello offers). I would like to have it in TelloFPV without a doubt, it was worth paying for this application.
I am not sure what you mean with status of the aircraft. Its not like bigger drones where you actually have a "status" to report, like battery health, motor / ESC problems recorded, GPS status, component temperatures, etc. Tello doesn't have anything like that, it only has a couple of error conditions - which are reported by TelloFpv either as a message (If I know what a particular error code means) or as an error code (if the meaning is unknown).

Basically Tello is fine until some problem occurs, in which case a message is shown (like battery problem, IMU calibration required, etc). Its safe to fly just using TelloFpv - I actually haven't used the Ryze Tello app for months.

IMU calibration I refuse to do, simply because I am not prepared to deal with the consequences. Just like a failed firmware update a failed IMU calibration can brick the drone. Such problems are better left to Ryze as they can deal with the resulting warranty claims. So I will never do firmware updates, or IMU calibration.

The camera is very limited does not allow any settings other than EV.

I am not sure what you mean with status of the aircraft. Its not like bigger drones where you actually have a "status" to report, like battery health, motor / ESC problems recorded, GPS status, component temperatures, etc. Tello doesn't have anything like that, it only has a couple of error conditions - which are reported by TelloFpv either as a message (If I know what a particular error code means) or as an error code (if the meaning is unknown).

Basically Tello is fine until some problem occurs, in which case a message is shown (like battery problem, IMU calibration required, etc). Its safe to fly just using TelloFpv - I actually haven't used the Ryze Tello app for months.

IMU calibration I refuse to do, simply because I am not prepared to deal with the consequences. Just like a failed firmware update a failed IMU calibration can brick the drone. Such problems are better left to Ryze as they can deal with the resulting warranty claims. So I will never do firmware updates, or IMU calibration.

The camera is very limited does not allow any settings other than EV.

okay thanks for explain my points is very intersting you say !. Now I have a question: what is the function of the little house that appears below where the stop icon is? since that little house confuses me

Gamesir T1s connected with Otg, xiaomi wifi adapter, smartree tello charging bank (charges 3 batteries at once and doubles as a power bank for wifi Extender) and tellofpv app are all a must for this great little drone
Agree 100% with all the above. The Smatree charging bank is my latest Tello toy, LOVE IT!
T1s -- not T1 or T1d !!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guillaum19