Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

Small request if possible. Can you add a icon or something to the titles of flights that designates vGPS was used? Thank you again for a masterpiece app!

I just release 1.5 to play store for beta testing. Sorry it took so long.
I will continue to work on this release over the next few days and expect it to be final by end of next week.
Continuous photo mode automatically takes photos at configurable intervals (well, the app makes a best effort to keep these intervals but Tello can handle only one download at a time).
To speed up download times the live video feed is reduced to 1Mbps for Continuous Mode.
Please note: Tello video feed will stutter every time a picture is taken. The camera simply can't handle both life video and photo at the same time.
New
* Continuous photo mode
* Bitrate for Screenrecording configurable
* Added option to make Tello land automatically on RTH
Changed
* Option to save raw h264 removed
* Option to switch off RTH descend removed
* Settings re-organized
Fixed
* Pano pictures missing if tilted below threshold

Small request if possible. Can you add a icon or something to the titles of flights that designates vGPS was used? Thank you again for a masterpiece app!
Thats included as well

I will continue to work on this release over the next few days and expect it to be final by end of next week.
Continuous photo mode automatically takes photos at configurable intervals (well, the app makes a best effort to keep these intervals but Tello can handle only one download at a time).
To speed up download times the live video feed is reduced to 1Mbps for Continuous Mode.
Please note: Tello video feed will stutter every time a picture is taken. The camera simply can't handle both life video and photo at the same time.
New
* Continuous photo mode
Changed
* Settings re-organized
Fixed

Thats included as well
Please, Keep in tour todo list the AP I asked:
1 fix POI
2 dronie xxx meters
3 Circle arround POI
Many thanks!
Regards

Reactions: raulvolador
Hello the option to disable RTH at any time for me personally is a great option I wish it would not be.I don't know if I understand correctly the new RTH option when I turn on the drone it returns to the starting place and automatically recharges without being able to stop this operation

For me, this application in this form is great, everything works very cool videos, great photos, just take into account which camera has a drone. You did a great job with this application. I have only one humble wish that this application does not change too much function.Greetings from beautiful Scotland

Reactions: xcrost
Agreed on the simplicity part! @volate!lo will like that...or... he may get bored :)... Thank you sir for the ID for vGPS on the title page. While we are at it, maybe a (log2) or (log3) for a "set" time period with flight logs? Although I am humbled, I doubt I actually have been flying THIS much lmao!

Screenshot_20190823-214322_TelloFPV.jpg

New
* Continuous photo mode
Changed
* Settings re-organized
Fixed

Thats included as well
I was waiting for volate!lo.

Continuous photo mode is interesting.
I want you to hear a sound not only when you press the shutter button, but also every moment you actually shoot.
In addition, when you press the button again to finish the continuous photo mode, it will be easy to understand if you hear the sound of accepting the operation.

Please, Keep in tour todo list the AP I asked:
1 fix POI
2 dronie xxx meters
3 Circle arround POI
Many thanks!
Regards
still on the list. Work on new APs will follow

Hello the option to disable RTH at any time for me personally is a great option I wish it would not be.I don't know if I understand correctly the new RTH option when I turn on the drone it returns to the starting place and automatically recharges without being able to stop this operation
RTH behaves just like before, but I added an option to automatiaclly land (instead of just descend). I'm not a fan of this but Many people asked for it.

Agreed on the simplicity part! @volate!lo will like that...or... he may get bored :)... Thank you sir for the ID for vGPS on the title page. While we are at it, maybe a (log2) or (log3) for a "set" time period with flight logs? Although I am humbled, I doubt I actually have been flying THIS much lmao!

View attachment 4472
Looks like some of your flights had VPS trouble. I guess it some of the earlier ones as I changed VPS code in one of the last releases. I'd just delete those few flights manually

I was waiting for volate!lo.

Continuous photo mode is interesting.
I want you to hear a sound not only when you press the shutter button, but also every moment you actually shoot.
In addition, when you press the button again to finish the continuous photo mode, it will be easy to understand if you hear the sound of accepting the operation.
OK for the sound when cont mode is switched off. But I am not that happy about a sound for each photo. A shutter sound every few seconds is pretty much annoying.
Does it have no-activity timeout?
Nope. But will have it before its final.

Thank you. Don't know if a no-activity screen timeout would suit everyone, but I'd like it... maybe make it an optional setting? Sometimes I forget to exit app and the screen-on eats up my battery
I think this will suit everyone except me. For development its sometimes better to keep it on.

Version 1.5a has been released to play store and will be pushed out to the beta testers over the next few hours. This version should fix all existing video issues (well, and maybe create new ones - video codecs are the worst part of Android programming).
It also adds spiral mode for the circle POI autopilot, and configurable dronie angles, and continuous photo mode (takes photos every few seconds).
Please use with appropriate care (no long distance / extreme altitude flights). And please report any issues found!

Compared to last productive release:
New
* Continuous photo mode
* Option to make Tello land automatically on RTH
* Screen stays on while connected to tello, normal timeout resumes 30s after disconnect
* Added Spiral mode to Circle POI AP
* Added number of circles to Cirle POI AP
* Added optional 360 to Dronie AP
* Added different angles to Dronie AP
* Added different angles to Boomerang AP
Changed
* Settings re-organized
Fixed
* Video & control performance on low end devices
* Sometimes video garbage at startup
* Sometimes videos are recorded at wrong resolution

GabrielK: I still have your special AP on the list. Maybe I can squeeze it in before the weekend but no promises

Version 1.5a has been released to play store and will be pushed out to the beta testers over the next few hours. This version should fix all existing video issues (well, and maybe create new ones - video codecs are the worst part of Android programming).
It also adds spiral mode for the circle POI autopilot, and configurable dronie angles, and continuous photo mode (takes photos every few seconds).
Please use with appropriate care (no long distance / extreme altitude flights). And please report any issues found!

New
* Continuous photo mode
* Screen stays on while connected to tello, normal timeout resumes 30s after disconnect
Changed
* Settings re-organized
Fixed

GabrielK: I still have your special AP on the list. Maybe I can squeeze it in before the weekend but no promises
It is a pity that the shutter sound of the continuous photo mode was not adopted as in the panorama shooting that I proposed, but thank you for increasing the setting of the dronie and circle poi.

but In my environment, the Dronie AP optional 360 setting does not work, and the autopilot ends just by dronie.
The test is not possible outdoors because the weather is bad.
I'm sorry.

Last edited:
It is a pity that the shutter sound of the continuous photo mode was not adopted as in the panorama shooting that I proposed, but thank you for increasing the setting of the dronie and circle poi.

but In my environment, the Dronie AP optional 360 setting does not work, and the autopilot ends just by dronie.
The test is not possible outdoors because the weather is bad.
I'm sorry.
Will add some sound before final release but I find the shutter too intrusive, especially if doing photos nearby at a rate of maybe every 4-5seconds. I will try a simple beep or the key click

Thanks for the AP dronie bug report, will be fixed in next release

Reactions: hea-kun
Hi all,

I flew a lot along summer using old well tested 1.4 TelloFPV version. As soon I found time for video editing I hope to share it with you. My Tello visited incredible places. Thanks a lot @volate!lo for your wonderfull app !

I just installed new 1.5 beta version. First I noticed is "Skip corrupt video frames" option dissapeared from video menu. Where is it now ?

Raul.

tellofpv skip corrupt video frames.jpg

Hi all,

I flew a lot along summer using old well tested 1.4 TelloFPV version. As soon I found time for video editing I hope to share it with you. My Tello visited incredible places. Thanks a lot @volate!lo for your wonderfull app !

I just installed new 1.5 beta version. First I noticed is "Skip corrupt video frames" option dissapeared from video menu. Where is it now ?

Raul.

View attachment 4483
Welcome back, great that you had a good time!

The skip corrupt frames option is gone with 1.5. Actually it moved to the expert settings but with the latest makeover of the video handling its best to not change it. The setting will be removed completely in the 1.6 release unless I find compelling reasons to keep it.

Reactions: raulvolador

New
* Continuous photo mode
Changed
* Settings re-organized
Fixed

Did some tests :
Fixing POI
Headless mode
Continuos Photo, at max

Very nice results flying a rectangle arround a building.
Photo download time increased with the distance to my phone / repeater as expected.

Did some tests :
Fixing POI
Headless mode
Continuos Photo, at max

Very nice results flying a rectangle arround a building.
Photo download time increased with the distance to my phone / repeater as expected.
(y)
isn't it easier to first set a POI, then fly some place and activate the headless mode, then activate "Lock POI" autopilot ?

Upcoming release will have an option to automatically activate continuous mode whenever an AP is started while in photo mode. Just like a video is already automatically started if in video mode mode.

Upcoming release will have an option to automatically activate continuous mode whenever an AP is started while in photo mode. Just like a video is already automatically started if in video mode mode.

Great idea

Sometimes I miss an option to automatically start SCREENRECORDING after takeoff. Could it be possible ?

Raul.

Reactions: Flydrone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan