Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

ok but I should see the Beta testing button to request to participate to the program.. isn't it?

Inviato dal mio Note10+ 5G utilizzando Tapatalk

ok but I should see the Beta testing button to request to participate to the program.. isn't it?

Don't know what the reason is. Maybe ask google ? But I don't think you will get to a service agent that knows enough to tell you the definitive answer

The beta release is still in "processing" state so maybe your Play Store ist still in the "there is no beta" mode. Maybe try again tomorrow

Reactions: spanzetta
Also I am still thinking how to make Rate limit / Rate boost accessible for users not using a controller.
Gotcha!

I will do another release tomorrow that allows to map the only hardware buttons that (as far as I know) every phone has:
Volume Up and Volume Down

These can be used like controller buttons: short press, long press, for any function currently not mapped to an onscreen-button.

I just tried Cinematic mode with boost & limit functions mapped to these buttons. Works nicely, but of course depends how you hold the phone and where the buttons are located on your phone !

volate!lo I want to sincerely say thank you! You are making all of our lives better and more fun! I was glad to buy the app for myself AND to support your developments. Well done!

volate!lo I want to sincerely say thank you! You are making all of our lives better and more fun! I was glad to buy the app for myself AND to support your developments. Well done!
I make all your words mine.
Totally agree!

Up the IroNs!
Galaxy Note10+ (SM-N975F) with Tapatalk.

Reactions: Flight815
Don't know what the reason is. Maybe ask google ? But I don't think you will get to a service agent that knows enough to tell you the definitive answer

The beta release is still in "processing" state so maybe your Play Store ist still in the "there is no beta" mode. Maybe try again tomorrow
just joined Beta program now ;-)

New version is being rolled out now.
It includes updates to the manual PDF and translations, and the feature to map the phone's Vol+ / Vol - keys to some function. So those not using a controller can map their favorite features to some button. Personally I like Rate boost & rate limit together with the cinematic mode
PIDs for terrain mode have been tuned (in higher latitude and sport mode it behaved like the famous bounce mode).

Reactions: IroN and Flydrone
my first feedback after a quick initial test:

bug? when changing from S to V it changes video size on screen..

Rate Limit (mapped Gamesir button) seems to be applied only to speed and not to rotate and up/down speed..

didn't find a Cinematic option to map a button

continuing to test...

in C mode without VPS (indoor test) is almost uncontrollable (it went by side on a wall and with full controller on other side didn't move at all)

entering and exiting C mode is quite difficult

in C mode without VPS (indoor test) is almost uncontrollable (it went by side on a wall and with full controller on other side didn't move at all)

entering and exiting C mode is quite difficult

C is a cinematic mode for getting smooth videos in good conditions.
Good catch: I will make it switch off if VPS is lost for some reason.

my first feedback after a quick initial test:

bug? when changing from S to V it changes video size on screen..

Rate Limit (mapped Gamesir button) seems to be applied only to speed and not to rotate and up/down speed..

didn't find a Cinematic option to map a button

continuing to test...

The change in field of view when switching between S and V is normal. This has always been like this, and is the same with the Ryze app. Its part of the Tello firmware

Rate limit and speed with boost and limit: Observe the red position indicators of the onscreen joysticks? Whenever you activate boost / limit you see the difference in position.
To try with the drone: rotate slowly in place and press boost. You will hear the difference in prop pitch

C is a cinematic mode for getting smooth videos in good conditions.
Good catch: I will make it switch off if VPS is lost for some reason.

The change in field of view when switching between S and V is normal. This has always been like this, and is the same with the Ryze app. Its part of the Tello firmware

ok didn't notice before (change in FOV between S and V).. didn't use too much the Ryze app ;-)

About enabling Cinematic mode.. can you add an option to map a button with Gamesir?

Just finished to test all new functions..

Great JOB!!! All works perfectly...
Also the corrupted video problem seems to be solved (

I like a lot Cinematic and now I understood well the Rate Limit/Boost (that has more sense only with Cinematic.. even if they have some small effects also on other modes)..
They only work in "push" button mode (and I agree that is correct.. like a "Turbo" button)
I like also the Terrain mode.. but have to test it thoroughly

About button mapping with Gamesir .. I want to ask you if you could change the default button mapping (usefull when reinstalling the app or when changing phone..) .. or alternativelly if you can export/save (and then load) button mapping configuration:

I configured the following.. if you agree with those if you could use them as default for next build:

L2 Take Photo/Video
L1 Rate Limit (Push)
R2 Toggle Photo/Video
R1 Rate Boost
Menu Toggle Sport/Video
C1 Decrease Exposure
C2 Increase Exposure
Y Return to Home (Long Press = New Home)
X Throw TakeOff + Hand Land
B TakeOff + Land
A Cinematic Mode

Dpad Up Flip Forward
Dpad Down Flip Backward
Dpad Left Flip Left
Dpad Right Flip Right

Let me know what do you think about

Regards

New version is being rolled out now.
It includes updates to the manual PDF and translations, and the feature to map the phone's Vol+ / Vol - keys to some function. So those not using a controller can map their favorite features to some button. Personally I like Rate boost & rate limit together with the cinematic mode
PIDs for terrain mode have been tuned (in higher latitude and sport mode it behaved like the famous bounce mode).
Not available yet.
Waiting for the roll out to try the new version...

Up the IroNs!
Galaxy Note10+ (SM-N975F) with Tapatalk.

Just finished to test all new functions..

Great JOB!!! All works perfectly...
Also the corrupted video problem seems to be solved (

I like a lot Cinematic and now I understood well the Rate Limit/Boost (that has more sense only with Cinematic.. even if they have some small effects also on other modes)..
They only work in "push" button mode (and I agree that is correct.. like a "Turbo" button)
I like also the Terrain mode.. but have to test it thoroughly

About button mapping with Gamesir .. I want to ask you if you could change the default button mapping (usefull when reinstalling the app or when changing phone..) .. or alternativelly if you can export/save (and then load) button mapping configuration:

I configured the following.. if you agree with those if you could use them as default for next build:

L2 Take Photo/Video
L1 Rate Limit (Push)
R2 Toggle Photo/Video
R1 Rate Boost
Menu Toggle Sport/Video
C1 Decrease Exposure
C2 Increase Exposure
Y Return to Home (Long Press = New Home)
X Throw TakeOff + Hand Land
B TakeOff + Land
A Cinematic Mode

Dpad Up Flip Forward
Dpad Down Flip Backward
Dpad Left Flip Left
Dpad Right Flip Right

Let me know what do you think about

Regards
thanks for the feedback. Currently on the road, will look into this tomorrow!

Very nice features...

I just update telloFPV (beta) with my xiaomi. When a execute tellocopilot in my Samsung s3 the right side in VR mode are black.

What i'm doing wrong?IMG_20200111_181516.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan