Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New awesome tello app available on google play for android "TelloFPV" !!!

TelloPilot2019

I would like to say congrats to volate!lo for getting 100+ installs on his fantastic app !!!

This app has completely changed the way i thought about and fly this little drone, It is a night and day difference over the stock app. You have to try it and see for yourself. I have been flying my tello more this week than the whole year combined all because of this app :)

And remember, There is a free demo that you can make sure that you are happy with the app BEFORE you buy it. That is a win/win for everybody !!!

And a programmer that is willing to be hands on almost 24 hours a day making sure that his app runs the best it can.

here is the link to the demo on google play (FREE INSTALL)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.volatello.tellofpv.demo

here is the link to the to the full app (PAID)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.volatello.tellofpv&hl=en

Poster1.jpg

Flydrone

New Bighenet video published on the YouTube channel, which shows the function of the Tello FPV app in circular POI mode at 25 meters. what can i say ... fantastic !!!:cool:

TelloPilot2019

New Bighenet video published on the YouTube channel, which shows the function of the Tello FPV app in circular POI mode at 25 meters. what can i say ... fantastic !!!:cool:

It really is amazing what an app can do to make this drone feel and act like a brand new drone.

And he is working hard on the VR update. This drone will feel like a more expensive one with every update it seems.

volate!lo

Yes, nice shot, but unfortunately the center was a bit off and somehow the video had a couple of corruptions.

This one showcases really decent video quality:

This is one long shot without any editing, and shows just very very little frame loss / corruption, good detail resolution (see the tiny tiles of the fountain base). I hope this guy visits the place again to make a nice POI circle / POI lock video of this fountain as its the perfect showcase!

Flydrone

Yes, nice shot, but unfortunately the center was a bit off and somehow the video had a couple of corruptions.

This one showcases really decent video quality:

This is one long shot without any editing, and shows just very very little frame loss / corruption, good detail resolution (see the tiny tiles of the fountain base). I hope this guy visits the place again to make a nice POI circle / POI lock video of this fountain as its the perfect showcase!
very nice the video! excellent video quality.

TelloPilot2019

very nice the video! excellent video quality.
I have drones that fly miles away with no worries and come back and land at your feet, But you really can get great footage from this little guy. It is a good quality 720p.....I think the key to it is, You don't have to fly 100-300 meters away...Just get a little closer and then film, That way the wifi connection is always solid as a rock. The you will have as good as you can get with this little guy.

Now, If you will excuse me, I am going to go to google play for the 5th time today to see if there has been another telloFPV update yet ;)
(GLUED TO THE APP IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT) LOL

Flydrone

I have drones that fly miles away with no worries and come back and land at your feet, But you really can get great footage from this little guy. It is a good quality 720p.....I think the key to it is, You don't have to fly 100-300 meters away...Just get a little closer and then film, That way the wifi connection is always solid as a rock. The you will have as good as you can get with this little guy.

Now, If you will excuse me, I am going to go to google play for the 5th time today to see if there has been another telloFPV update yet ;)
This app has become an addiction ...😁

volate!lo

I bet you don't like what you see. Still 0.9 and later today you will be even more disappointed when 0.92 will be released.

I will do a small bugfix release later today hoping to fix an annoying bug that plagues users of recent Samsung devices: TelloFpv sometimes crashes while doing its cleanup after (!) closing / leaving the app.
On one hand thats the right punishment for closing the app but OTOH I guess its better to fix it as it affects an increasing number of users.

Will include a few other minor issues (like gallery not being updated with new videos/photos), and minor improvements (like button to clear controller configurations)

buumi

Stupid question but how does using e.g. this app affect Tello's "autopilot" capabilities? A new pilot and wondering if for example wind corrections, auto-land on connection loss and stuff like this are built-into the device itself or does the Tello-app play any part in that? Anyways, i already got the app since official app does not work with my phone while this one does so it's a choice between either using older phone or different app.

volate!lo

Stupid question but how does using e.g. this app affect Tello's "autopilot" capabilities? A new pilot and wondering if for example wind corrections, auto-land on connection loss and stuff like this are built-into the device itself or does the Tello-app play any part in that? Anyways, i already got the app since official app does not work with my phone while this one does so it's a choice between either using older phone or different app.

Handling of wind and autoland on connection loss are part of the firmware running on the Tello onboard computer.
Just like very sluggish behavior (and even control lag) when flying in slow mode or low altitude is programmed into this firmware and nothing from the outside can improve this.

TelloPilot2019

I bet you don't like what you see. Still 0.9 and later today you will be even more disappointed when 0.92 will be released.

I will do a small bugfix release later today hoping to fix an annoying bug that plagues users of recent Samsung devices: TelloFpv sometimes crashes while doing its cleanup after (!) closing / leaving the app.
On one hand thats the right punishment for closing the app but OTOH I guess its better to fix it as it affects an increasing number of users.

Will include a few other minor issues (like gallery not being updated with new videos/photos), and minor improvements (like button to clear controller configurations)

Even small updates are good, You have done more for the tello pilots in a week than most apps have done in a year. No worries, I can just keep checking for new updates all the time, TelloFPV is worth the wait :)

You app makes this little bugger a whole new drone and more fun to fly.

Hello, I just installed version .94 on my Tello and the JPG downloads to my Samsung S8 Plus now no problem. Thank you very much!!!
However, When I take a picture it takes from 2 to 5 seconds to go from 0% to 100% before it saves. Is this normal?
The stock app. takes the picture instantly.
Dan

volate!lo

Hello, I just installed version .94 on my Tello and the JPG downloads to my Samsung S8 Plus now no problem. Thank you very much!!!
However, When I take a picture it takes from 2 to 5 seconds to go from 0% to 100% before it saves. Is this normal?
The stock app. takes the picture instantly.
Dan
Please test it again with Tello sitting beside you in exactly the same setting (same nearby devices, same photo quality, etc). Note the small download animation that the stock app has around the shutter button (i.e. Tello app does not do this instantly as you might think but just does not tell you the download percentage as prominently as TelloFpv does)

The stock app takes about 1.5 seconds from button press until the circling animation around the shutter buttons turned off (which I suppose is their progress indicator and off means finished).
TelloFpv takes about 1.5 seconds from button press to download finished. It could take another 250ms before the percentage display is updated but thats it.

If it takes much longer then something is disturbing the data transfer badly so many packets have to transferred multiple times. Nearby Bluetooth devices most likely, including the phone's own BT trying to connect to other devices. For a fair test turn off BT before testing.

Please test it again with Tello sitting beside you in exactly the same setting (same nearby devices, same photo quality, etc). Note the small download animation that the stock app has around the shutter button (i.e. Tello app does not do this instantly as you might think but just does not tell you the download percentage as prominently as TelloFpv does)

The stock app takes about 1.5 seconds from button press until the circling animation around the shutter buttons turned off (which I suppose is their progress indicator and off means finished).
TelloFpv takes about 1.5 seconds from button press to download finished. It could take another 250ms before the percentage display is updated but thats it.

If it takes much longer then something is disturbing the data transfer badly so many packets have to transferred multiple times. Nearby Bluetooth devices most likely, including the phone's own BT trying to connect to other devices. For a fair test turn off BT before testing.
Happy new year everyone!
You're absolutely right. When tested like you said, they both timed the same way.
I was fooled by the clicking sound of the shutter in the stock app. It clicks immediately and then the status indicator goes for about 1.5 seconds like the % indicator of Tellofpv.
Thanks again for being so thorough and quick with your response.
Dan

TelloPilot2019

The app is getting out there and lots of people like it :)

I really love it myself . It has given new life to the tello for sure.

Did i mention that the developer is on the forums everyday to help you if you have any questions or wish to maybe ask for a new option in later releases. That is a win/win for everybody.

Please give it a try, There is even a demo version on google play that you can try for free.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.volatello.tellofpv&hl=en
Screenshot_2019-01-03 Tello FPV - Control the Ryze Tello drone FPV + USB - Apps on Google Play.png

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nakanishi