Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New awesome tello app available on google play for android "TelloFPV" !!!

volate!lo

has anyone compared this app against aTello App and which is better, pros & cons?

many thanks
Yes, me! :p

But maybe I'm a bit biased.

You can check TelloFpv for free, just download the demo version.

One con for TelloFpv: I won't do certain features that aTelloPilot has. I can't see how to make face tracking, gyro control, headless, headtracking, TTS and a few other features work well enough to be useful.

I don't have a PS3 controller but AFAIK it works -maybe search the forum. If it works then button mapping is done in the app.

Perfect, BUT: In photo mode, the live view is weirdly cropped. And the video is bugged, which might just be a Tello bug, but see here: 2019-01-05 14-49-03.mp4

Otherwise, it is finally an app that truly supports PS4 controllers, and has some other nice features aswell. I will feature it on my website, which will come soon...

Please add a VR mode and, if it's possible, a night-flight mode

Well after trying the demo I purchased full app it's SOOOOOOOO Much better then the standard tello app.My hats off to you volate!lo!! Great work on an amazing app!!!! $5 for the return home feature is worth it alone not to mention all the other options. Thanks from a happy full version user

volate!lo

Perfect, BUT: In photo mode, the live view is weirdly cropped. And the video is bugged, which might just be a Tello bug, but see here: 2019-01-05 14-49-03.mp4

Otherwise, it is finally an app that truly supports PS4 controllers, and has some other nice features aswell. I will feature it on my website, which will come soon...

Please add a VR mode and, if it's possible, a night-flight mode
Which version are you using? See menu => About

v0.96 (available in google store if you sign up for the beta test) adds the option to switch "stretch video" on and off. Tello sends different video aspect ratios for photo and video mode. Nothing i can do about it.

I have never seen this type of video problem before. Need to think about it a bit.

VR mode is the next major release but the will be at least one more minor release before that.

Reliable night flight is impossible as Tello relies on the downfacing camera for position hold. I think you can try to put some tape over it before powering up and it will just work without VPS (so not hovering in place but a pure manual mode with some limited altitude hold like the little toy quads).

TelloPilot2019

Just noticed that this app has past the 500+ installs on google play for the paid app :)

He is building an awesome support community that is helping support the very frustrating job of programming. And knowing that he has a support base now, is helping a lot i believe.

Way to go everybody :)

And way to go Volte!lo :)

P.S. And if you have not tried the demo yet, What are you waiting for??? An invitation....???

Ok, As a HUGE fan of this app, I 100% Invite you to try the app that is changing the tello drone forever... There..Done.

Now get over there and just check this app out. You will buy.... It really is just a matter of time ;)

Long live TelloFPV :)

Tello pilots!!! We ride.....Er....um.....We fly ;)

volate!lo

Looks like I'm starting to have a following. But its still a long way to go for world domination.
I think by now we have every member of TelloPilots onboard already. If someone is active on TelloPilots and hasn't noticed whats going on here then he is hiding under a rock for the last two weeks. Now I have to focus on the Facebook & Youtube crowd. Just one review on a larger channel can push downloads significantly.

BTW: I don't find programming frustrating. I always enjoyed that part of my job, but that fun part was getting smaller and smaller as I got pushed up in corporate hierarchy. So now I went a bit back to my roots and really enjoy it.

In total the app has about 1800 installations. My guess is the conversion rate from demo to the full version is about 3:1 which isn't bad. Many people just use the demo for a few days before deciding.

Last edited:

sparksman

is it normal the video saved in 1280x960px resolution? how to change this to 720px. the image look stretch

volate!lo

There was a bug in TelloFpv. it used a wrong container dimension but the stream inside was correct. Most player would play correctly, but some not. Some had green bars or discoloration.
Its fixed from 0.96 onwards, currently available as beta on Google play. Will people to production later today if nothing serious pops up

volate!lo

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nakanishi