Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New to forum and Tello

Tello465

Reaction score
I am a new Tello owner. I have had a few drones in the past, and all have been disasters. They are too fast, to twitchy, and not very stable. My hand eye coordination is not the best, and forget looking through a headset at this point. But I saw a video where you can program the Tello. This got me excited to give it a try. What I have found so far is even I have been successful in short flights. Using the Tello app, I was able to take off, fly around a little, and land. The Tello is a Great improvement for me. I am currently using a iphone 6S plus. I read that using a controller is even better but my interest is using a programming app so it takes my control out of the picture.

Reactions: Kyle Knox
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . (y)

Welcome aboard! I use the Tello to teach coding/ programming at my school. Go to my website in my profile up there to see all the ways you can program the Tello! The favorite of my students is the TelloEDU app.

Welcome aboard! I use the Tello to teach coding/ programming at my school. Go to my website in my profile up there to see all the ways you can program the Tello! The favorite of my students is the TelloEDU app.
Kyle - what is the difference between 1. The Tello and Tello edu version, and then the corresponding apps? Since my goal was to do mostly the programming did I buy the wrong one?

The original Tello drone can still be programmed by the TelloEdu app, Apple swift Playgrounds, drone blocks, and Scratch. You'll still be able to code some fun flights. The original app will only let you pilot it.
The Tello Edu drone has some additional capabilities. It can do some more with sensors, and you can do swarm programming if you have a few.
I currently only have 6 original Tellos from a grant that I applied for. I applied again for this school year to hopefully get 4 TelloEDU drones. I'll find out next week if I got it!
My students learned a lot with just the original Tello. I think you'll be ok.
Let me know if you ever need anything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv