Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Newbie needs help with T1s connection

Hydrostan

Reaction score
I go thru all the steps to connect my Tello to a Gamesir T1s controller and my android phone via bluetooth. All seems to go well but the controller does nothing as far as the tello is concerned. Now, I have the first (green) light on the T1s which tells me I am connected, but I also have the 3rd light (red) blinking which on the Gamesir website tells me that indicates a "mouse" connection. Any help would be appreciated...thanks!

Well okay no one replied to my question, so I kept trying various ways and finally it connected. I had read/saw where you power up the T1s and hold down the A button for android. I came across another YouTube video that showed powereing up the T1s with just the home button. It finally worked by doing it this way, but instead of the "A" led being lit, the "X" is lit which I beleive is XBox. Anyone else run into this?

Hi @Hydrostan........ I'm sure someone with some help will get to you in a little bit.

Meanwhile, although I use the same controller (T1s), I am actually connecting it to my phone using an OTG cable, and using a different app on the phone called TelloFPV.

Might be something to look into, if your phone supports OTG.

Hi @Hydrostan........ I'm sure someone with some help will get to you in a little bit.

Meanwhile, although I use the same controller (T1s), I am actually connecting it to my phone using an OTG cable, and using a different app on the phone called TelloFPV.

Might be something to look into, if your phone supports OTG.
Thanks for the reply. I ordered an OTG cable as when I try to use the Tello FPV app it only lists the T1d. Now at this point I only have the demo of the app so don't know if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the reply. I ordered an OTG cable as when I try to use the Tello FPV app it only lists the T1d. Now at this point I only have the demo of the app so don't know if that makes a difference.

OK...... great on the OTG cable. Its really the way to go.

I think the TelloFPV demo gives full functionality - I really don't remember. But I can assure you that paying for the full version is well worth it (at least that is my opinion).

I'm sure the developer will be on here in not too long. He usually gives great help and support!

no difference between paid & demo for controller support. Actually the demo is based on the same code except for a few compile time flags.

one thing: T1S is a normal controller, and can be used with any android game. There are tons of users out there so don't focus on anything Tello. All you need to make sure is that the controller is recognized and works in proportional mode (some modes the sticks are just on/off style).
To test this its best to use a gamepad tester like this

If it works there it will also work in TelloFpv.

Sorry but I don't own that controller, so can't be of much help.

no difference between paid & demo for controller support. Actually the demo is based on the same code except for a few compile time flags.

one thing: T1S is a normal controller, and can be used with any android game. There are tons of users out there so don't focus on anything Tello. All you need to make sure is that the controller is recognized and works in proportional mode (some modes the sticks are just on/off style).
To test this its best to use a gamepad tester like this

If it works there it will also work in TelloFpv.

Sorry but I don't own that controller, so can't be of much help.
I downloaded the gamepad tester and it indicated all controls are working okay. When I go into the app it says : "Master Controller - Xiaoji Gamesir T1s 2 " However nothing happens when I try to control the Tello and the onscreen joysticks stay on

Why don't you try the obvious: RTFM!

See page 23:
  • After a controller is recognized you have to select it as either master or student controller to be able to use it.

Why don't you try the obvious: RTFM!

See page 23:
  • After a controller is recognized you have to select it as either master or student controller to be able to use it.
While I didn't read the enitre manual, I did read page 13, " Controller Settings- Controller" (I don't have a page 23 in the on line manual I downloaded). Anyway, don't know why it didn't work yesterday, it works today. NOW I will buy the full version as I know it will work with my setup.

While I didn't read the enitre manual, I did read page 13, " Controller Settings- Controller" (I don't have a page 23 in the on line manual I downloaded). Anyway, don't know why it didn't work yesterday, it works today. NOW I will buy the full version as I know it will work with my setup.
Good choice, and glad its working for you.
You probably have an older version of the manual. The latest is v1.6 and is included with the app under help (I think).
Happy flying!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Uuhh, must have been a very old version then. The demo has a more recent one under menu-help.
But may be off by a page or two because its based on 1.5 and the full version is at 1.6

No major changes, I'm just too lazy to keep the demo fully updated. Maybe next week i will also update the demo.

Uuhh, must have been a very old version then. The demo has a more recent one under menu-help.
But may be off by a page or two because its based on 1.5 and the full version is at 1.6

No major changes, I'm just too lazy to keep the demo fully updated. Maybe next week i will also update the demo.
I was looking at the PDF file you refer to at times on this forum which I downloaded to my PC, not the help file on the app. Anyway, alls well that ends well. I just downloaded the full (paid) version and now I have a LOT to learn about it, but will have fun in doing so!

I was looking at the PDF file you refer to at times on this forum which I downloaded to my PC, not the help file on the app. Anyway, alls well that ends well. I just downloaded the full (paid) version and now I have a LOT to learn about it, but will have fun in doing so!
Good point. I guess by now there are several PDF versions flying around. maybe I should look for them and delete these posts.
Have fun!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv