Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Next Drone

Mbro57

Reaction score
Love my Tello, now ready for the next level.
Would like to graduate to the mini,but have 1 concern. I live in a private street in the Washington DC suburbs inside the 30 mile no fly zone. I love to fly around my house, not very high with my tello. With the mini and geo fencing restrictions, does that mean I cannot physically get my drone in the air around my home?

Would like to graduate to the mini,but have 1 concern. I live in a private street in the Washington DC suburbs inside the 30 mile no fly zone. I love to fly around my house, not very high with my tello. With the mini and geo fencing restrictions, does that mean I cannot physically get my drone in the air around my home?

Not sure about the US but we also have very strict "drone restriction" laws in Canada.

My understanding is that these regulations do not apply to "mini/micro quadricopters" (under 250grams in Canada).

First Person View Mini Flying Cameras can't really get in the way of a plane or even an helicopter or deliver whatever in restricted areas.

I see my quads as harmless, still I'm doing my very best to avoid annoying other people while flying, often by avoiding people completelly.

Tellos are small and do not do much noise, just having a cool attitude will make it that folks won't even realize it's there, sometimes.

EDIT: and Mavic's mini weight (249grams) is obviously to comply to [Canadian] laws. I would bet it also applies in the US.

Last edited:

Most likely if you choose a DJI drone you will face many geofencing issues, especially in major cities like DC. I would suggest a fimi X8 or a Hubsan Zino or Zino pro or a Holy Stone or even an Autel EVO 1 or 2 depending on your budget. They do not have geofencing like DJI.

I really wanted that mini, but for me, I would really like the ability to just zoom around the backyard sometimes and have a good Cinematic drown for vacation shooting. Been doing a lot of research, and the Zion pro look like a great balance between price and video quality.

Of course if there is a reason for the no-fly zone then you should not fly at all. But sometimes the database is just plain wrong (I live near a no-fly zone due to a military storage facility - which was torn down years ago)

I don't think the parrot anafi has any no-fly zones.

The parrot is one of my choices. Like the mini, it smallish and quiet, has a great camera, and you can buy a refurbished one for around $425. I heard that Anafi is getting out of the commercial drone business, so future support may be an issue. Still confused!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccer843