Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Not getting speed value while using get_speed()

black777

Reaction score
I'm using the djitello library to control my drone. I am having some issues getting the speed in x and y direction using get_speed_x(),get_speed_y() functions to retrieve the speed in x and y direction respectively, however I'm able to get data from get_speed_z() function. Any suggestions to what is going wrong.

No idea what is going wrong, but a counterquestion:
How do you set the speed? Using "RC" command? As far as I remember, the speed reported back from Tello is the value that you have set as speed beforehand - which is only the desired speed but not the true speed.

I'm using the djitello library to control my drone. I am having some issues getting the speed in x and y direction using get_speed_x(),get_speed_y() functions to retrieve the speed in x and y direction respectively, however I'm able to get data from get_speed_z() function. Any suggestions to what is going wrong.
No idea what is going wrong, but a counterquestion:
How do you set the speed? Using "RC" command? As far as I remember, the speed reported back from Tello is the value that you have set as speed beforehand - which is only the desired speed but not the true speed.
So I guess they updated the library but now you can directly get the current speed of the drone using those above mentioned function. If you see the tello.py code you can find those functions which should return speed of the drone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv