Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Official app crashes at WiFi-name change [Android]

Phjodor

Reaction score
Hi,

I am struggeling to change the WiFI name on my Tello as I want to setup my new range extender. As soon as I select the line for the WiFi name the app crashes. I have tried it on three different android devices Nexus 6P (Android 8.1), Lenovo tab4 plus (Android 7), Nexus 5 (Android 6.0.1) with no success. Anyone who has faced the same issues and have a solution?

That is what I am trying. But the app crashes when I try to change the name. However it worked when using a Huawei phone

I tried several different things, even downloaded earlier versions of the app. The only thing that worked was to borrow a Huawei honor 8 phone from a friend.

Yes. Disable Google's spell checker on the phone. You'll know it's enabled if you see a red line under the name in the SSID box. I actually just went into settings and searched for "spell". Spell Checker came up. Look down to Input Assistance. Tap on Spell Checker and toggle to off. I disabled the Google Auto Fill just in case. That should do the trick. Once disabled the red line will be gone. Needs to be fixed by Tello. Also explains why it might work on a non-Google phone.

Yes. Disable Google's spell checker on the phone.
Great info!... very useful post for anyone that might have this problem. I didn't, cuz the first thing I do is disable everything Google that I possibly can on a new device.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv