Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

One motor not spinning, friction on manual spin

PuWo

Reaction score
After an indoor crash (with prop-guards on) one motor stopped working. There is no visual damage as far as I can tell but when I spin the props around manually there is friction on that one motor that is not working anymore.
I'm not sure if I need to try to replace that specific motor (I've never soldered before so I am a bit wary) or if something else might be done to get my beloved Tello airborne again.

Any suggestions?

Ansia

Reaction score
Try loosing the prop a little bit. The prop may be in to tight, preventing the motor to spin.

Ansia

Reaction score
Just prop. I have a few more ideas, but want to go step by step

PuWo

Reaction score
I'll try this afternoon when I get back home. I hope your suggestion does the trick.

PuWo

Reaction score
Unfortunately no luck. I think I've found the problem. The shaft that isn't spinning looks like it's sunk too deep into the motor.

'broken' motor:
IMG_20190305_175203738.jpg

Functioning motor:
IMG_20190305_175152578.jpg

Anybody has an idea on how to try and fix this? I thought about using pliers to pull it out but I'm not sure if that won't just pull the entire motor out.

PuWo

Reaction score
Oh wow I can't believe my luck. I've used two sets of pliers to keep the motor in place and pull the shaft out at the same time and it worked! Tello is airborne again!

Reactions: Guorium and Ansia

Guorium

Reaction score
Oh wow I can't believe my luck. I've used two sets of pliers to keep the motor in place and pull the shaft out at the same time and it worked! Tello is airborne again!
Wtf to what happened to the motor, wtf to ur repair actually worked!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris22