Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Over the "cliff"- against all odds

fedjovski

Reaction score
At the moment I got a Tello (two weeks ago) I was wandering is it possible to go with him from the window on 6th floor (approximately 15 meters high). Today, equipted with wifi repeater and good will i decided to try. Most people emphasis sensors (10 meters maximum proper working conditions) and wether conditions (to avoid wind and low light) as a crucial factors for safe/risky flight. I had all those (but as a risks factors)...it was windy and cloudy...taking off 15 meters above the ground and wet surface (after rain) could mess with Tello sensors. Window of my apartment is 15m above the ground level. Going from 6th floor and moving back. Tello..thank you for not falling down! :)

Tello's height sensor is a barometric one (IIRC), it only measures a height above takeoff point.
How high that takeoff point is above solid ground does not matter for the max height.

Reactions: fedjovski
Tello's height sensor is a barometric one (IIRC), it only measures a height above takeoff point.
How high that takeoff point is above solid ground does not matter for the max height.

Tello fuses different sensor data: IR sensors, camera data and barometric data. Displayed height is based on barometric data only it seems, but internally it uses different fusing models for different tasks.

Reactions: fedjovski

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv