Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Please Help, Tello, iPhone, Gamesir T1s, OTG Not Connecting

Reactions: museguy
Dear @volate!lo

Thank you for getting back to me. Maybe you are correct, as I have only seen Android phones OTG with the GameSir T1s.

So the only way to use a controller with an iPhone and the Tello is via Bluetooth ?

I bought the GameSir T1s instead of the GameSir T1d as I was understanding that Bluetooth interferes with signal transmission. I also bought the TP-Link N300 and a power bank to extend the range.

Iphone does not support much of the OTG protocol, only certain camera and mass storage devices. There is no OTG controller support as far as I know for any type of USB gamepad.

Iphones only supports certain wired MFI certified gamepads. I am only aware of the gamevice controllers specifically made to fit your iphone model. Good controllers but expensive and not available for all iphone models.

For Android the t1s would have worked as a wired controler - but for Android also any cheap PS3 clone works ok.

Thank you @volate!lo !

I might look into buying an inexpensive Android phone or tablet to use with the GameSir T1s and the Tello. It was already a pain setting up the iPhone and T1s every time and maybe I can find an inexpensive Android phone / tablet (less than $75) to dedicate to the Tello and the T1s.

Do you know of an inexpensive Android device that I can leave plugged into the T1s ?

Thank you !

Last edited:
If you can return the t1s and stick with the iphone, and get a MFi certified controller for the money.
Have i really said that??? I don't like apple at all! But their hardware is just nice.
Will also run TelloMe nicely which an budget android won't.

for Android I'd get a used quality phone, like a Samsung S7 or so. No Chinese budget phones.

Dear @volate!lo

Sorry, are you recommending Android or iOS for the Tello ? Thank you for your patience with my NooB questions.

Is there an MFi controller that you can recommend for the iPhone ?

Thank you! Thank you!

Reactions: volate!lo
ios or android doesn't really matter. It's your choice. Functionality of my apps is very similar, with only minor differences (TelloFpv iOS doesn't have sound recording and no vGPS), TelloMe on Andoird doesn't have Object follow.

MFI controllers, i only have experience with gamevice controllers. Nice devices, just a bit expensive

I bought the GameSir T1s instead of the GameSir T1d as I was understanding that Bluetooth interferes with signal transmission. I also bought the TP-Link N300 and a power bank to extend the range.
I have not observed any issues with bluetooth interfering with the wifi connection between the Tello and an android or apple device. The only issue I have encountered is the T1S getting cranky on initial pairing.
On a side note, How well does the TP-Link N300 work? I have used the Xiaomi wifi amplifier with decent results.

I have not observed any issues with bluetooth interfering with the wifi connection between the Tello and an android or apple device. The only issue I have encountered is the T1S getting cranky on initial pairing.
On a side note, How well does the TP-Link N300 work? I have used the Xiaomi wifi amplifier with decent results.
Control seems alright for indoor flight but video is glitchy with bluetooth t1s versus otg t1s.

Hi, I face the same problem, but with android. I tried different smartphones, tablet, but no success. Everything connects via bt, but not via otg...

Hello Christian,

Prepare GameSir T1s for Android OTG:
Switch on the GameSir T1s with the A button pressed, release the buttons after a short time, the green LED lights up. Switch off GameSir T1s. The setting is retained even after switching off.

Turn off BT on your smartphone.
Connect the GameSir T1S to a USB-C or micro USB Android smartphone using one of the combinations shown below. The GameSir T1s is then switched on automatically, the green LED lights up.

GameSir T1s <--(1)-->>--(2)--> Smartphone mikro USB for example Samsung S5, S7
GameSir T1S <--(1)-->>--(3)--> Smartphone USB-C for example Samsung A8, S20

<--(1)--> = default cable USB-A plug to micro USB plug, for example
>--(2)--> = OTG-atapter USB-A socket to mikro USB plug, for example
>--(3)--> = OTG-atapter USB-A socket to USB-C plug, for example

Select Tello FPV App Settings/ Controller "New controller found Xiaoji Gamesir T1s 2.13" Select the "Xiaoji Gamesir T1s 2" under "Teacher Controller" and close the menu. Now you can control the Tello via the GameSir T1s with the standard settings. To adapt the controls to your needs, go to "Settings/ Controller/ ASSIGN" and select the "Xiaoji Gamesir T1s 2"

The cable length is selected so that VR glasses can also be used.

I wish you success

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan