Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Problems with SDK 2.0

pstoehr

Reaction score
Website
www.hof-university.de
Hi out there,

I'm currently trying to write some introductional software for my students. For that I'm using Swift on OS X. The basics for programming is the SDK 2.0 description (https://dl-cdn.ryzerobotics.com/downloads/Tello/Tello%20SDK%202.0%20User%20Guide.pdf). Unfortunately I'm having some minor problems with this discription:
1) A simple one was the typo on page 3. The command "Command" must be written with lower case letter.
2) A more tricky problem is related with the Tello State command. There is a key name "h". The realted value is the "height in cm". Unfortunately I always recieve the value "0" for this.
3) It seems to me, that some of the previous SDK commands still work. One example is the read command "height?", it returns the current flying hight of the drone.
4) Is there a command to leave the SDK mode or what is the correct way to close the communication with the drone? It seems to me that there must be some kind of command to leave the SDK mode based on the fact, that after using so of my own programs the Tello.App isn`t working anymore, I always have to switch of the drone before using the Tello.App again.

The installed firmware is 02.04.90.01 and I'm using the current app from the Apple-Store.

Best regards
Peter

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv