Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Registering?

No. The Tello is less than 250 grams so it does not have to be registered.

That said you still have to abide by the basic flight rules including...

No flights into controlled airspace (for the most part that's within 5 miles of an airport with a control tower)
Remain under 400'
Keep the drone in sight
No flying over people or moving vehicles.

No. The Tello is less than 250 grams so it does not have to be registered.

That said you still have to abide by the basic flight rules including...

No flights into controlled airspace (for the most part that's within 5 miles of an airport with a control tower)
Remain under 400'
Keep the drone in sight
No flying over people or moving vehicles.
Thank you! I appreciate it

Reactions: stephanriederer
What about that new law they are making start in 2020 july? I remember someone posted here somewhere saying that even Tello have to be registered and get that flight schedule papper filled.... anyone knows more about this?

Welcome to the forum 860dronenewbie .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

What about that new law they are making start in 2020 july? I remember someone posted here somewhere saying that even Tello have to be registered and get that flight schedule papper filled.... anyone knows more about this?

The Notice of Proposed Rule Making exempts for now drones weighing less than 250 grams from the registration requirements.

BTW, while the Tello would not have to be registered according to this new regulation it could only be flown in FAA recognized flight areas such as AMA or other community based organization flying fields (few and far between). Technically you could not fly the Tello in your own backyard.

Well, I've read something like "if it has a camera then it has to be registered" - even if it is less than 250g. It was not on an official website, probably someone misunderstood it.

In the current regulation here in Austra it says that you need a permission if (the drone weighs more than 25kg or) the purpose of the flight is not the flight itself but filming or photography. This can be misunderstood in this sense.

We'll have to look for the law itself, not for some newspaper articles. And even laws leave room for interpretation.

Well, I've read something like "if it has a camera then it has to be registered" - even if it is less than 250g. It was not on an official website, probably someone misunderstood it.

In the current regulation here in Austra it says that you need a permission if (the drone weighs more than 25kg or) the purpose of the flight is not the flight itself but filming or photography. This can be misunderstood in this sense.

We'll have to look for the law itself, not for some newspaper articles. And even laws leave room for interpretation.

That's not accurate as for as the NPRM in the U.S. is concerned. It comes down to weight not performance although there are some in the FAA that want to do away with the less than 250g exception.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv