Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Ryze or DJI tello spins after takeoff, uncontrollably to the right . Someone please help

Reaction score
My Tello drone spins to the right and I cannot take control of turning it right or left but I can move it forward backwards left right and up and down and it spins indefinitely untill battery runs out or it hits an object

My Tello drone spins to the right and I cannot take control of turning it right or left but I can move it forward backwards left right and up and down and it spins indefinitely untill battery runs out or it hits an object
Are u using a Bluetooth controller? If yes means it's not "zero-ed". Pls disconnect n try just using your mobile. See if it's the same.

Try to see if all your rotors are spinning properly and freely. Any rotor that spin with resistance means it will navigate off. Last resort uninstall your app n reinstall again n try.

Try to see if all your rotors are spinning properly and freely. Any rotor that spin with resistance means it will navigate off. Last resort uninstall your app n reinstall again n try.
I did replace the bottom right motor and from I saw all motors are spinning freely

If replaced motor has different characteristics, this may be the reason. Otherwise an IMU calibration may help.

Reactions: Tellolai
After some air-time, all motors get pretty hot. But if you see a significant difference on one motor, this may be the problem.

When you replaced the motor, are you sure you used the correct motor? NOT ALL MOTORS ARE CREATED EQUALLY!!! The motors may look the same but have different RPM's (Revolutions Per Minute). You should be able to tell by looking at the wires, white & black should be counterclockwise motors while blue & black are clockwise. There are some out there that have red & blue wires too and those don't work well with tello...
Did you put the correct motor in the proper location? Orient your Tello by looking from the top, the camera facing away, and the battery facing you. The motor to the left of the camera should be clockwise, right counterclockwise, left of battery counterclockwise, and right of battery clockwise. I saw in the comments below that you tried an IMU calibration. Have you also attempted a Center of Gravity Calibration?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv