Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Salvaging Tello Camera for RC helicopter

SJLPHI

Reaction score
Hello, long story short, I have 2 Tellos and one of them has something fried inside that makes one of its motors to short the moment the battery gets plugged in.

I have not figured out how to fix it nor am I equipped to fix it, however I want to use the camera with minimal work.

I wish to essentially connect to the camera using the Tello FPV or OEM app and fly my RC heli with Futaba transmitter. Obviously there are better ways to do it, but I have the parts and this is the minimal amount of work I think.

Can anyone offer a better alternatives to modify to salvage the wifi connection + camera to be used for another platform?

Okay, I just did the salvaging, and everything works perfectly camera wise... Now the problem of overheating. Obviously when the heli is in the air, there is sufficient airflow but the microprocessor shuts down when it doesn't move for 30 seconds.

Since I am no longer limited to the tello frame, any suggestions for modding the cooler?

That actually looks perfect. I wonder if they would run well at 3.7V though. Unfortunately I am now looking to sell my tello and all spares.

I actually just did a search on micro fans and found it. In another site for the same fan I read it runs on 3 through 5 volts. It’s about the size of a US dime.

Honestly, if I am keeping the drone, I would probably install it, probably stick the fan on using thermal adhesive and solder the wires directly to battery 3.7V output and ground.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan