Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Shaky video in light winds

jvangurp

Reaction score
Hmmm.... I just got my a Tello a couple of weeks ago and have done only a few flights but it seems to me the video was initially very steady and that all of the sudden it’s become so shaky that I’m sure something is wrong.... any ideas?

To follow up on my own question, I did a bit of digging around and it seems it’s a known bug that if you stop the video midflight to take photos that when your resume video the EIS fails. What a nuisance! You shouldn’t have to stop your flight and restart the drone in order to go from snapshots to video.

Reactions: Fari
To follow up on my own question, I did a bit of digging around and it seems it’s a known bug that if you stop the video midflight to take photos that when your resume video the EIS fails. What a nuisance! You shouldn’t have to stop your flight and restart the drone in order to go from snapshots to video.

Thanks for digging that up. I'll toy with that a bit and try to reproduce on my side.

I usually switch to sport mode before switching to photo mode and then I'll reconvert to camera and go back into video mode. Maybe video/sport switches solves this shaking, because I do not remember living that.

Here's the reply from Ryze:

In regards to your concern, we recommend to try using other mobile device that is supported for Tello to isolate and resolve the issue. There are some instances that you are able to install the Tello app. However, you have received some issues due to the incompatibility of your device. And our developers and engineers are working hard on testing other certain mobile device for compatibility and we don't have the information when it will be completed. For more information, you can visit our website Tello Official Website-Shenzhen Ryze Technology Co.,Ltd.. If the issue still persists, we suggest to send your drone back for evaluation and possible repair. You can use our online repair request system to create a case by yourself and then send it in for service.

The compatibility list includes the Pixel 2 and I'm using a Pixel 3 so it seems like compatibility wouldn't be an issue, but I guess until they test the Pixel 3 they'll continue to recommend using a listed phone. Frustrating.

that's a pre-fabricated text block. The phone has nothing to do with this, its a bug in the firmware that Ryze does not want to aknowledge

Reactions: jvangurp
I wonder if they will ever bother to address this with a firmware update? I’ve had a couple of more back-and-forth email exchanges with technical support and they just stick with the phone compatibility angle, failing to accept or recognize that it’s a firmware problem.

unlikely IMO

Customer service has had this info for over a year, and either their dev department never received this, or they just don't care

Reactions: jvangurp
Here my latest reply:

We appreciate your understanding as this experience that you had with our product is a disappointing one. However, our developer are conducting test and development to other potential devices that suitable to our end user and we do hope that in the future updates the mentioned devices will be added on the list.

Thank you for choosing Ryze!
Best Regards,
Alex
RYZE Customer Support

Here my latest reply:

We appreciate your understanding as this experience that you had with our product is a disappointing one. However, our developer are conducting test and development to other potential devices that suitable to our end user and we do hope that in the future updates the mentioned devices will be added on the list.

Thank you for choosing Ryze!
Best Regards,
Alex
RYZE Customer Support

That's Chinese passive agressive for "We do not make sufficient money out of a 100$ bot anyway; get lost" isn't it ?

These support experts don't even realize how ridiculous their answer is. Image stabilization happens on-board so the phone has exactly no impact on thus at all.
Besides: this happens with all phones. Even each and every supported one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv