Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Smart Bracelet / Smart watch interfere with Tello's video quality?

Jet Lag

Reaction score
I'm about to receive a Smart-Bracelet and I was thinking of the following: When I fly with Tello, even when I put my phone in flight mode, I'm going to have the smart bracelet on the wrist transmitting a Bluetooth signal to try to connect to the mobile app. Will not this interfere with the tello signal, damaging the frames of the video?
Or is it possible to disable the Bluetooth of these Smart bracelets / smartwachts?

Regards

I believe the better option would be turn off the BT on the watch, or turn the watch off during flight.

Reactions: Jet Lag
If your phone's Bluetooth is off, it will not 'see' the signal from your watch so it should not have any impact on your flight.

EDIT - See my post below

Last edited:
If your phone's Bluetooth is off, it will not 'see' the signal from your watch so it should not have any impact on your flight.

I realize I may have been too hasty in my response.

Bluetooth and the WiFi of the Tello both use the 2.4 Ghz frequency spectrum. So even if your phone has bluetooth 'off', the bluetooth signal from your watch MAY cause interference with the WiFi signals to and from your phone.

I've been researching this rabbit hole for about a half hour so far and it is far more complicated than it first seems (rounding of frequency numbers, Adaptive Frequency Hopping, Channel skipping, Time Division Multiplexing, etc.).

Best bet is to experiment with and without the watch nearby. The range on Bluetooth is so short you should be able to test it easily without turning the watch off (since it takes a long time to restart).

I'm going to have to experiment with this.

I never had any problem even when I’m wearing my Apple Watch and I’m also using the Xiaomi wifi extender, but if I add my Steelseries nimbus controller to the setup, that’s when the problem begins, really bad video lag.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode