Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

So another detail, please

PaulPFH

Reaction score
About the battery chargers. I have seen where they can charge as much as 4 at a time. But are all of these reputable? Would you pilots tell me please, which one you use? Thank you very much. ?

I started off using the OEM 3-slot charging bay that came with my Boost package. It holds three batteries but charges only one at a time.

Then I bought this single battery charging cable so I can keep it in my vehicle and also to plug it into my in-line USB voltmeter to test battery voltage:

Then I added this three battery charger. It charges all three simultaneously, has its own built-in power supply so you can charge it up and use it on the go, and has a USB A slot so it can be used as a power brick to run the Xaomi 2 repeater or top up the charge on your phone:

I really like the Smatree! It works great, fits perfectly into a slot in the case I carry all my Tello stuff in, and I can leave three batteries in it without it bleeding off the charge... I've tested that. BTW, after it charges all the batteries it will also turn itself off after a certain time-out... I don't know what that time is, haven't watched it long enough to check that.

Last edited:
Also umanbean, on another detail, this WiFi extender that you use...would you suggest a certain brand? One that’s not going to break down soon after it’s gotten?

I've had a Xiaomi 2 since December 2018 and it still works fine. I just got another one that came with a second-hand Tello I bought last week. The 'package deal' came with a Tello, Mi extender, and a small power brick... all in like-new condition.

There is another extender with two antennas that some people here use but I don't know the name of it right off. You can search this site to find out.

The Mi 2 is a pita to set up and some people have major problems at first getting it to work... you have to install the Mi Home app (and some think it's a 'spy' app), give an email address, and let it access your location.

To set both of them up, I used an old phone that otherwise stays turned off most of the time, and does not have an active SIM card in it... just connected it to my main phone's hotspot. I also have a 'dummy' Gmail account that I use for any questionable purposes.

Some people have reported that the Mi 2 will sometimes lose connection and have to be reprogrammed again, but that hasn't happened to me.

Forgive me for not completely understanding how this works, please. But...

Right. You need one that is powered by USB. Click the magnifying glass icon and search this site for Wi-Fi extender or Wi-Fi repeater
Okay! Thank you for that detail, that until now tool I didn’t know of. I will check that out; right now though, I need to feed myself. Need FOOD. Once I’m done there though, I will research that. ?

Okay. So I looked up “Wi-Fi extender USB 1200 mbps” and it gave me a wide range of choices. The only problem is, I’m not sure which one to go with. I don’t know where you would hook it in. That would be where I need you; which of these seem good?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv