Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

spare battery storage.

Flydrone

Reaction score
I just ordered 3 original tello batteries to keep in spare. which of you has spare batteries and how do you store them for long periods? I thought about keeping them at 3.85 volts and checking this voltage after 2/3 months. maybe better every now and then (months) to take them to 100% to fly.

Flip

Reaction score
Never gave it much thought actually. I just top all of mine up a couple hours prior to flying. Usr the 3 battery charger on a USB cable.

Not that they last a long time. About, maybe 1/3rd the time my EVO lasts.

Flydrone

Reaction score
I put my batteries into 3.85 volt storage mode like this.
I do automatic storage with three batteries at the same time,checking their voltage periodically. i think it is the best way to store extra batteries.
View attachment 20200810_143919.jpg

Flip

Reaction score
Considering how inexpensive they are (say compared to my EVO batteries), cost is inconsequential.

Flydrone

Reaction score
tello batteries, if purchased at certain sites, are at a good price.

Carlos S.

Reaction score
I just ordered 3 original tello batteries to keep in spare. which of you has spare batteries and how do you store them for long periods? I thought about keeping them at 3.85 volts and checking this voltage after 2/3 months. maybe better every now and then (months) to take them to 100% to fly.
Hello Mate.
I also have spare batteries. And I program the drone in the notification of battery level to 50% and they are stored in a dry place and with average temperature. preferably have a special bag for batteries to prevent accidents. Check the batteries every 2/3 months and charge them to 100% and return them to 50% to save them again. all this in case the drone is not used for a long period. good luck. Regards.

Reactions: Flydrone and BigL

Flydrone

Reaction score
thanks for the answer, i'm already doing all this with the current batteries ... storage at 3.85 volts and placed in a safe lipo container. I will do the same with the new batteries, but with 100% charge and I fly every certain amount of time.

Reactions: Carlos S.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbird89