Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Take off whilst slightly tilted

telloczz

Reaction score
Hi
So I am brand new here and to Tello.
I crashed it on the roof, it's slightly tilted and wont take off, any recommendations (other than not to crash it)?

Sorry to hear! Recalibrate the IMU and make sure the props are good and none of the motor arms are bent. Recalibrate the gravity. I've crashed mine a few times, but have been blessed and never had any issues. I hope you get it worked out.

Reactions: telloczz
I think what he is saying is that it won’t take off from the roof because it’s not sitting level, not because it’s damaged. Of course I’m sure he figured something out by now but, I had the same issue when I landed on my roof. Thankfully, I just kept trying and it did eventually take off. It took several try’s. Not sure why it eventually worked, but glad it did.

Is there anyway to override the need for it to be level to take off? It makes sense to not allow that, but from the roof, it’d be nice to have that option. I almost had to get up on my roof. Thankfully it was my roof and not my neighbor‘s.

Reactions: telloczz
Hi, only seeing these now. Thanks for the replies!
Yes it wasn't damaged fortunately just tilted so the system auto checks were stopping it from taking off. I did manage to reach it out of a window upstairs and get it down in the end.
An override would be very welcome, I can see this happening quite often with my sick flying skills :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Porriniz
Hw to take off when tilted:
Both stick in & down to start the motors. Once they spin you have to take off immediately using throttle.

Normally the motors stay on for a minute or so after the CSC, but when tilted they just start for a few seconds. So you have a very short time window to push the throttle before they shut off again.

Reactions: umanbean

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode