Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Taking off from an altitude

Reaction score
I wonder what wrong could happen if taking off from my window at the 10th floor...

Last edited:
I believe that the downward facing sensors which help Tello hold its position don’t work well, if at all, at an altitude of 30’ or greater, so I suspect your Tello won’t hold its position if you launch it from the 10th floor. So my guess is it’ll drift away and possibly injure someone on the ground if you can’t get it back before it’s battery runs out.

Reactions: Marcio Cartier
I believe that the downward facing sensors which help Tello hold its position don’t work well, if at all, at an altitude of 30’ or greater, so I suspect your Tello won’t hold its position if you launch it from the 10th floor. So my guess is it’ll drift away and possibly injure someone on the ground if you can’t get it back before it’s battery runs out.
Agree with regards to the vps. Once it fails, you're flying it yourself. I've had a few situations where its started to drift, but even in gusty conditions, swapping to fast mode has brought it back with ease.

I'd also be very wary flying it around the public, I've never had it move vertically when the vps fails, but I suppose it could happen

Reactions: Marcio Cartier
My first post, so greetings everyone! What do you think will happen if I launch Tello from an altitude of 10-12K, while hiking in Utah? Keep in mind, there are now crowds to worry about. Thanks in advance for your input.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccer843