Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello App Update - Android

Updated now on Android ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-12-29-15-05-52.png
    Screenshot_2019-12-29-15-05-52.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 24
can't understand why on my Note10+5G it still shows the old one
11acd5d553e07ca0de939f28e027bd4a.jpg

Inviato dal mio Note10+ 5G utilizzando Tapatalk

Really strange ... you tried to check with another smartphone or directly from the PC to see what type of version is available.

It appears Ryze is staging the rollout. Maybe they only released the new version for certain phone models, or restricted the number of users (to reduce risk of the release). Lots of options to configure a rollout.

I'm not an expert on the subject, but what you say may be right.
on Samsung Note3 and A7 (2018) I have the update..

that's crazy.. as told before my Note10+5G still can't find latest 1.4 so I wrote to Ryze tech support and they answered me that they even don't know that 1.4 was released.. and they ask me to test another phone... (they cannot explain why on another phone I can find 1.4 but not on Note10+5G
that's a really poor tech support level (Chinese Company)
very dissatisfied

their latest answer:

"Please allow me to consult this over to our relevant department for feedback and advice in regards for the tello version. In the meantime as a temporary workaround, we will be placing this ticket to pending status to ensure that this is handled accordingly"

let's see...

Also no update on my phone ( Xiaomi MI 8 Android 9)
Last updated 25 January 2019

that's they latest reply.. I have no comment..
[emoji85]

We have advice from our relevant department and they have stated that the new app has not been officially released yet and only there are random a few devices could download this app to have a test. After releasing officially, everyone can download it. We are just asking for your understanding and patience as we do not have time frame and release date for this

So from what I understand, they released a kind of Beta test only on some devices to act as a "Guinea pig" ...

see post #8
A staged rollout. Nothing special.

Just an indicator that the Ryze app is basically dead. The developers are no longer constantly involved in this product but just get in from time to time to do a fix. Maybe Tello is getting near the end of its lifecycle. Or maybe the original developers are no longer there.

Because nobody works on the code on a daily basis they lost confidence in their work. They forgot half of what they did two years ago and are unsure of the side-effects of any changes.
So nobody has the guts to do a full rollout but first do a small test sample to see if they have broken something.

Been there, done that. Nothing special.

The thing that puzzles me is that the drone is an excellent piece of hardware, and they ruin their reputation with their ****** app :-(
Ryze has seen 100+ million USD revenue over the last two years but they fail to hire some decent developers. Instead they accept that their app has under 2 stars. Just sad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv