Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello chargers for batteries

TelloPilot2019

Reaction score
Just wanted to post these for all the new tello pilots out there to help them discover new ways to charge there batteries :)

Helping each other is way of the tello pilot family :)

note: if you have any other options, please feel free to add them here :)

41OjBqHtDJL._SX425_.jpg61l1axFke7L._SL1010_.jpg064dce42-4c58-4ee6-849f-db9bc34a4bee_1.095867b9ca34299de5e2375469b4741c.jpgff2b88b0-a6f4-4d33-953a-926573a45916_1.3ddcd8ed73649b0bea2541bc27a08e80.jpgkeenstone-4-in-1-battery-charger-hub-for-dji-tello-minidrone__41RJjY29EwL.jpgoriginal-dji-tello-3-in-1-rapid-battery-charger-smart-multi-battery-intelligent-char-2261-500x...jpgView attachment 2552Smatree-Battery-Charger-for-DJI-Tello-Quadcop-Portable-Battery-Charging-Station-charge-3-batte...jpg

volate!lo

Reaction score
I have the first one for charging when on the road from a powerbank. Works well, charge is typically 95-98% according to Tello.

Reactions: TelloPilot2019

raulvolador

Reaction score
I own the third one. I love the volts/amp reading. Be warned to put it to work you will need a not included power source. I use a high quality samsung 5 volts 2 amps usb charging or a 12 volts 1.5 amps power supply. Chargin time depends a lot of the number of batteries charged simultaneosly and power supply used. It takes between one and two hours fully charge two batteries.

I modded it a bit. See here: Tello rCharlance charger external cable mod

all the best.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mikeg

Reaction score
The 6th one comes with the Tello Boost pack. That's the way to go unless you want the EDU version of the Tello. I got the Tello, 3 batteries and the charger for $99 on the Reize website.

mikeg

Flydrone

Reaction score
In addition to the original HUB, I took the portable Smatree. Really very comfortable and functional! (y) the last photo.

TelloPilot2019

Reaction score
I own the third one. I love the volts/amp reading. Be warned to put it to work you will need a not included power source. I use a high quality samsung 5 volts 2 amps usb charging or a 12 volts 1.5 amps power supply. Chargin time depends a lot of the number of batteries charged simultaneosly and power supply used. It takes between one and two hours fully charge two batteries.

I modded it a bit. See here: Tello rCharlance charger external cable mod

all the best.
I like this because of the voltage read out also :)

and it works like a charm with my iMax b6 power adapter ;)
(up to 1 (amp) per battery (x3) that way) (and then slows the process like normal because of the charging board)

That tello battery can go up to a 1.1 (amps) sagely i believe for charging, but why push it that hard, also the most that you can get out of a normal usb connection on a laptop or wall is about .5 amps (unless you have the high output wall chargers, Then ou can get up to 1 (amp) as well)

Works great :)

Thank you for all the great comments, It really helps new tello pilot flyers out there to know what is able to be purchased :)

umanbean

Reaction score
My Smatree DT30 was delivered late yesterday... I think I'm really going to like it. So far, the only possible negative I can see is that it gets hot while charging it without any batteries in it.

It has four solid lights to indicate fully charged, and arrived with two lit. It seemed to take quite a long time to fully charge but that's no problem I'll just charge it overnight.

This morning I put in 3 batteries with various states of charge. I didn't time it, but it charged all three fairly quickly and never got too hot. Today, I'm going to leave two of them in it all day but not turned on so I can see if it bleeds the charge off the batteries or not... hopefully not.

One of the best things about it is that it fits into a slot in my DIY case just perfectly.

edited: forgot to tap 'post reply' early this morning

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andalou