Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello doesn’t take off if on an angle

IronManTello

Reaction score
i got into a bit of trouble flying. The Tello went over my roof and I couldn’t see it. So, I gave it the “land” command and ran around the house to find it. I was on the roof. Not a big deal, I can get it down, but I first tried to just take off. Well, I learned that it doesn’t take off if its not level, which sitting on my roof, it wasn’t. I kept trying and didnt know what was happening because the warning notice was so quick that I couldn’t read it. Eventually, it did take off and I didn’t have to get on the roof, but it would be nice to know if there’s a way to override that condition and force it to take off. Not sure why it eventually did take off, but was happy to have it back on the ground.

If it's tilted too much I think it's software is telling it it's crashing and turns the motors off

Yes, beyond a certain amount of tilt you can not start using the autostart feature.
but I just tried the CSC and it works. That is you can use the sticks (both in & down) to arm motors and then takeoff using throttle. Normally armed motors stay idling for a minute or two but with Tello sitting at an angle they only spin for a few seconds so you have to be quick with the throttle

Reactions: Bonktastic

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv