Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello drone will not connect to internet and app will not work

tellotrash

Reaction score
I am very new to all of this so forgive my significant level of ignorance, however I purchased a tello drone combo pack from amazon hoping to program this however, my drone will not connect to my wifi and the official app will not open on my Pixel 3a.

Is there anyone who would be willing to help out an complete newbie and explain to me how we connect this to the wifi?

I thought you just press the button on the side, which starts the lights to flash, and then I see the Tello on my list of available wifis but if i try to connect it will not ever connect. Have others experienced the same thing? How is this resolved?

Thanks a million for helping me out because I'm pretty frustrated and thinking of returning this thing.

Really appreciate anyone and everyone's help.

Cheers

I thought you just press the button on the side, which starts the lights to flash, and then I see the Tello on my list of available wifis but if i try to connect it will not ever connect.
Yup. Thats about it you just need to connect now,
1) did you try to connect from another device ? (I'd suspect device compatibility first).
2) Tello FPV app have a demo version, have you tried it yet ? (I'd also suspect the original Ryze software).

Reactions: akward59
Things to try:
1) put the phone into airplane mode and then reactivate only wifi
2) TelloFpv demo, also in airplane mode
3) reset the tello wifi:
Switch on TELLO, wait on until its flashing yellow. Then press and hold the power button for IIRC 8seconds. Try 1 + 2 again

Reactions: akward59
I am very new to all of this so forgive my significant level of ignorance, however I purchased a tello drone combo pack from amazon hoping to program this however, my drone will not connect to my wifi and the official app will not open on my Pixel 3a.

Is there anyone who would be willing to help out an complete newbie and explain to me how we connect this to the wifi?

I thought you just press the button on the side, which starts the lights to flash, and then I see the Tello on my list of available wifis but if i try to connect it will not ever connect. Have others experienced the same thing? How is this resolved?

Thanks a million for helping me out because I'm pretty frustrated and thinking of returning this thing.

Really appreciate anyone and everyone's help.

Cheers
I am having the Same problem

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv