Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello Edu sofware

Reaction score
Is there a Tello Edu USER MANUAL ?
I can use the Edu Software with my normal Tello, like programming with blocks and others in the "Motion" menu, but there are many functions ie image recognitionm etc, that are not explained
I'd appreciate any helpful information on TELLO EDU
Thank you, Ricardo

We have e been looking for one also, but have not been able to find one. We have found this true for other DJi products also, such as their flight map. We will publish a video to summarize soon the things that we have been able o put together from several sources. We are working on swarm flying and floor maps a present, also drone light shows. The DJI EDU app iss well done and has several good features. You can contact me at [email protected] and follow us on youtube channel mecatx. .Goof luck!

I received the mail from you, and replied. I hope you got it. Hopefully we can get some others to follow this thread. The Tello EDU app is a very good and powerful app for beginners and intermediate flyers. We worked first with the block programming, and now the the formation flying. It is easy to use, and covers most of the new functions of the Robomaster Tello Talent Expansion kit. However there is little to no documentation. We are interested in knowing how to read QR codes with the software.. We can read QR codes with the Robolink ZUMI ( s UKV )
We are working on a FLY WITH ME TO THE MOON as part of the NASA FIRST WOMAN program for the 2024 moon landing. WE are using a fllor map of the moon for a fly over. Fro schools wanting to do this, they can apply to the ALDIN family foundation for a giant moon and/or MARS floor map.

Hello @ricardoentassie ,
I am not sure what you are aiming for.
Is it just about exploring the functionality of the Tello EDU App?
Is it about reading barcodes?
Is it about controlling Tello through optical markers?

As you may already know, Tello has some built-in functions to detect markers, e.g. the mission pads that come together with the Tello EDU or a larger version called "flight map".

When it comes to other markers like AruCo markers or barcodes, you need external processing on a computer or a smartphone that reads the video stream coming from Tello and apply computer vision techniques. Here is someone who combines reading of aruco markers for position guidance and - after positioning - reading a barcode:

Regarding the Tello EDU App, I find it too childishly playful to be used for more serious applications.

Last edited:
I received the mail from you, and replied. I hope you got it. Hopefully we can get some others to follow this thread. The Tello EDU app is a very good and powerful app for beginners and intermediate flyers. We worked first with the block programming, and now the the formation flying. It is easy to use, and covers most of the new functions of the Robomaster Tello Talent Expansion kit. However there is little to no documentation. We are interested in knowing how to read QR codes with the software.. We can read QR codes with the Robolink ZUMI ( s UKV )
We are working on a FLY WITH ME TO THE MOON as part of the NASA FIRST WOMAN program for the 2024 moon landing. WE are using a fllor map of the moon for a fly over. Fro schools wanting to do this, they can apply to the ALDIN family foundation for a giant moon and/or MARS floor map.
No, sorry I didn't get your email. Was it replying the second msg I sent at the address "[email protected]" ?

Also the Youtube channel "Mecatx" that you mentioned earlier, is all about Mexican music, but nothing about Tello ????
Ricardo

Hello Thank you for the video. it is well done. I realize we live in two differed world's. Out school district just purchased 132 LiteBee Wing drones for a our elementary schools. Therefore this childish but very powerful app is a good thing for these young ones. Th schools are looking at the Tello for upper levels. There is much confusion in the micro-drone world over floor markers. In China they are calling arUco makers QR codes. ( both are read and used quite differently ) learned much about the DJI flight map. . We use the QR code reading much different than a straight barcode shown on the video. Thanks to the Robolink ZUMI, we can read QR codes with a sULV running on a Rapsberry Pi zero. I realize our youtube channel is extensive, and the search engine is limited. We have over 400 videos on there with some on the Tello, also the Robomaster Tello talent and extension kit, the DJI Mavic Moni, and the Autel EVO 2 and 1. We do STEAM education, Therefore much also will be about music and dance, and MIDI music. We live in TEX-MRX country. Also therefore there will be much about our local area cultures. i will send you some of our summary flyers with QR c odes for various video subjects on our Youtube channel. Tomorrow night Texas Southern methodic university engineering (ARISE ) department having a webinar with speakers about. our contact from China on swarm flying will be presenting for20 minutes. May be worth watching. GOOD LUCK. Always enjoy these discussion's

We were the first in the USA last Christmas to obtain the Robomaster Tello Talent extension kit, and the DJI original flight map. Probably still only ones to have this DJI map here in the USA. So we welcome any chance to learn about them.

Here is one more video link on the Tello.

The problem is that DJI changed what we know as the Tello to now the DJI Robomaster TT ( Tello Talent ) and is only selling this new version from China it is basically the same as the Tp;f version of the Tello EDU except has the extension kit. So, when the extension kit is plugged into the old Tello EDU, The ID is changed along with the u[graded software. This makes the drone great for drone light shows and the connection and light and text programming is easy for youths for three drones with the Tello EDY app under the formation icon.

@Dan have you been successfull in using the large flight map meanwhile?

Regarding QR codes and ArUco:
As QR code means a 2-dimensional code for quick response, I would say, that ArUco markers are just a special kind of QR codes. ArUco markers support pose estimation through their border and their simple code is robust to identify an ID and the orientation. On the other hand, typical QR codes can hold more information (which is not needed for pose estimation) but detection from larger distances is a problem and they consume more computing power.

I do not think, that DJI changed Tello to Robomaster. There are just two versions, the Tello EDU and the Tello Talent. The difference of TT is just the color and a different upper shell which allows to clamp the expansion module on top of the Tello. They use the same firmware, so a Tello EDU can be converted to a Tello Talent just by replacing the upper plastic shell. Additional functionality is added by software running on the ESP32 as part of the expansion kit.

The "Robomaster" indicates the integration into an eco system of other components and software, mainly developed by DFRobot. Here in Germany you can purchase the Robomaster Tello Talent as set containing the (modified) Tello EDU (including the mission pads) and the expansion module.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv