Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello Edu Swarm Package(The Simplest Implementation)

Hello We are interested. tried this last school semester and did not accomplish a swarm flight. Please let me know when ii is available for shipping , and price to include shipping to Texas USA. We are preparing for the sprit semester and would need to do set up, trailing, and write lesson plans.If possible, post more videos on youtube on how to setup. i.e. how to get all Tello's turn on, setup and ready to fly. Can one person do four in a flight? short battery life has been one of our problems. Thank for a creative approach to this problem.

Reactions: Marcochan
Hello We are interested. tried this last school semester and did not accomplish a swarm flight. Please let me know when ii is available for shipping , and price to include shipping to Texas USA. We are preparing for the sprit semester and would need to do set up, trailing, and write lesson plans.If possible, post more videos on youtube on how to setup. i.e. how to get all Tello's turn on, setup and ready to fly. Can one person do four in a flight? short battery life has been one of our problems. Thank for a creative approach to this problem.
This package is available now. I will send you a private message (about the price and shipping)
I will update more videos about usage in the near future to youtube.
This package is very simple to use, one person can control four tello.
The basic steps are:
(1)Turn on the wifi router(make sure the phone is connected to wifi)
(2)Place the tello to the specified location on flight map and turn on the power
(3)Launch the app and wait for the four tello to go online
(4)Click the start button,then the swarm flight begin(about 4 minutes)
(5)When the swarm flight end,all the tello will land.

Tello can fly for 13 minutes, so it can do two consecutive swarm flight
However, the final flip action requires a battery level of not less than 50%
so this action may not take effect during the second swarm flight

Last edited:
Hello, I am an 8th grade Computer Science teacher looking to purchase 5 Tello EDU drones too. My class is currently working Learning Python programming. Does anyone have any program curriculars for the Tello EDU pythons programing to share or purchase.

I do not know about a program curricular, but searching for "Tello Python programming" on YouTube brings up a lot of tutorials, e.g. those from Murtaza.

Libraries like djitellopy on Github also come with examples.

Another approach, including RMTT may be going via Mind+: RoboMaster TT - MindPlus wiki

Here you may get an inspiration for multi-tello formations: My Take on Multi-Tello Drone Formations

Hi is this package still available
Can you send me the cost
Do you provide the source code (Python?)
Thanks
Looks very interesting

As far as i can tell, this is no longer available in the USA, We purchased it, and never got it working. It was a good product but not ready for marketing here. We have been working with swarm flying for a few years. it is not easy. The Robomaster TT can do swarm flying, but again, we have had many problems withe software. We recommend the Makerfire LiteBee Wing FM. It works out od the box and is easy to program. It comes in a suitcase with four drones router, flight carpet, and all accessories. It even has a simulator. to preview flights. see Youtube MECATX channel for videos. The package is around $1,200 USD. We have three of them and find them weel made, and good support from LiteBee Co. Swarm flying demands a steep learning curve, so you want a system that is easy to setup and use. We are teaching children to do drone light shows, and drone dancing shows. Contact Lily Feng on Facebook for sales. This swarm kit is not sold in the USA, but the other kits are. It will arrive from China by DHL, as quick as a USA order. If you have any questions you can contact me at [email protected] about source code, . We combine a swarm show with the LiteBee Wing FM, and the Robomaster TT ( use Mind+ software for the TT ) Happy swarm flying.

Hi is this package still available
Can you send me the cost
Do you provide the source code (Python?)
Thanks
Looks very interesting
I do not think that you really need the package. Just ask the Ryze support for downloadable maps and by 1 or 2 of the Tello EDU sets that come with 4 Tellos each.

For simple formations, the Mind+ software may be a good starting point. If you want light effects, you either need Tello RMTT (or Tello EDU + RMTT expansion kits) or you can try the DIY solution + software that I described here: My Take on Multi-Tello Drone Formations

If you are located in Germany, you may ask for a complete stage show as mentioned in the Thread linked above by PN.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode