Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello either shoots up like rocket on takeoff of flops around and immediately crash

hakkermann031

Reaction score
Hello

So yeah, I'm not sure what's wrong with it. It flew just fine before. I've also tried changing the props with fresh ones, recalibrating IMU, and using both the stock app and telloFPV
There's also red flashing light on startup that i believe has never happened before, if it means anything

the takeoff:

the lights:

Check the propeller arrangement see graphic, there are two versions. Use original products.

Good luck

Attachments

• Propella Anordnung2.jpg
    Propella Anordnung2.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 4
Check the propeller arrangement see graphic, there are two versions. Use original products.

Good luck
I'm sorry, but i don't think it's the props...

I mean, I considered it. But I already checked and double-checked the props arrangement. Like i said it flew fine before, i dont think that would be possible if the props were incorrectly installed

As for original props, I was using original props too when i first discovered the issue, so i kinda doubt using them now would make any difference (they broke in the first few crashes against my ceiling, that's why in the vid i decided to test it under a tree instead)

Attachments

• 20240210_150639~2.jpg
    20240210_150639~2.jpg
    793.5 KB · Views: 2
Hello hakkerman031, yes the propellers are mounted correctly.

When you start Tello, do all the motors turn?
Test whether all propellers can be turned easily and evenly with your finger and whether you can hear any grinding noises, for example.
You can also test this by blowing, the propellers must continue to rotate slightly and not stop abruptly.
My buddy also had the problem, the cause was a motor that no longer had full power and then broke completely, a slight grinding noise was previously audible when turning.
I also had the problem that the propellers rubbed on the propeller protection due to crashes. You can then carefully push the propeller guard outwards.
Have you calibrated the Tello? If not, I would try that too.

Good luck

Hello hakkerman031, yes the propellers are mounted correctly.

When you start Tello, do all the motors turn?
Test whether all propellers can be turned easily and evenly with your finger and whether you can hear any grinding noises, for example.
You can also test this by blowing, the propellers must continue to rotate slightly and not stop abruptly
Thanks for the detailed reply, and sorry for the slow response (as i can only get my hands on the drone in the weekends)

Yes, all the motors did spin when i armed them via stick command. I tried recalibrating the IMU again, but sadly the situation still persists. I also did the propeller spinning test and honestly don't know what to make of it, but (to me at least) it looked like all of them did spin freely and didn't make any grinding noises

I looked at it all again, the propellers turn in the right direction and don't rub.
My Tello also shows the lights like in your video until Wifi is connected, then the LED flashes green.
Try with another smartphone.
It still looks like an engine fault to me, although a fault in the control electronics cannot be ruled out.
Remove the propellers, connect Tello to Wifi and the Tello FPV app, start Tello in timer mode with a long press on the "take off" button.
You now have 5 seconds to touch the motor shafts and detect possible misfires, vibrations, etc. After 5 seconds Tello switches off. Repeat the process until you have checked all the motors and hopefully identified the faulty one.

Good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atapattu