Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello firmware update not working

snvlk1yiva

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm a new Tello user, really like Tello hardware and it's my first drone actually.

I bought it new at the end of August 2021.
Firmware version says 01.04.92.01.
Update TELLO APP on my Android Samsung A52 has release notes for version 02.05.01.17 dated 2021.05.18.
Clicking "Update" says "Latest Firmware" and nothing happens.
My drone is not an EDU version but I found printouts of mission pads and would like to use them.
If I do
Bash:
nc -uc 192.168.10.1 8889
command
mon
"mon" command has no effect presumably because firmware is old.

I'm somewhat disappointed by the fact that I got 2 year old firmware in my new Tello.
When I was purchasing there was no clear information about such difference between non-EDU and EDU versions and I picked non-EDU because it had spare batteries and GameSir remote in the package.

Does anybody know if it's possible to update firmware of my Tello to the latest available version?

Hey I'm now having the same issue with mine - did you ever get it sorted?
I'm seeing the same thing here, Android based app, original hello with he 1.x firmware, app says there I sea update to the 2.x code, but then gives error screen stating latest firmware is installed,

Reactions: tensorcat
I'm seeing the same thing here, Android based app, original hello with he 1.x firmware, app says there I sea update to the 2.x code, but then gives error screen stating latest firmware is installed,
And the IOS app does not show this update option. It shows the current 2019 1.x code and does not offer the update to 2.x

looks liek its a programming glitch in the Android version fo the app that offers the upgrade to the non-EDU Tello , only to dash our hopes seconds later with the "latest firmware" message

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan