Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello Flying in different altitude? What will happen?

AscaLum

Reaction score
I am wondering, just wondering. Maybe somebody can give their opinion about this. :D

Scenario :
I'm using my Tello in a flat-windless rooftop (let's call it 45 meters asl), it is taking off and hovering. Next thing i wanna do is taking a short video of myself from the edge of the rooftop. What happened if my Tello crosses the edge? Is it gonna stay hovering? Or it's gonna be drop to 10 m (30 m if you're using TALS)?

The same question goes when you're using it on a cliff, is it gonna be hovering? or is it gonna drop down?
I'm really looking forward to see you opinion. Thanks. :cool:

An image to describe the situation :
feat26_rooftop_v_basement_kabana.jpg

I think it’ll just drop to the ground because it’s above 10 meters but I don’t know if it activates the VPS at 10m altitude.

It wont drop, displayed height will be still absolute from the starting point, but the VPS can loose track of the ground and a message will pop up auto landing. Can be cancelled , but wont solve it :) Only way to let it not auto land in heights is avoid wind at all cost

I've tried this once (no video yet) and the Tello looks confused because the VPS got loose track of the ground and it starts to drift in a random direction. Luckily I still can control it and the good thing the Tello didn't auto land by itself *phew*

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan