Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello hack - no need for powerbank with using Xiaomi Extender

Teagon98

Reaction score
So as you all know using Xiaomi Repeater 2 is kinda essential for using all the potential that Tello offers (about 200m range, bettter video streaming).
Repeater itself is lightweight small usb stick but you also have to take with you a powerbank that is usually as big as tello itself. So I ordered 5 euro universal usb to usb-c adapter and it just works. Now you can just plug the stick into phone and that means you can easily control the direction of the anthena.

Also you get free phone stand too!IMG_20200219_185932.jpg20200219_190040.jpg

I can see where you are coming from, but surely that can't be the optimum position for the repeater antenna can it?

I can see where you are coming from, but surely that can't be the optimum position for the repeater antenna can it?
Well, the best way is having second person pointing it right at the drone from meter away, this may be too close but at the other hand you can follow the drone yourself with the phone/repeater this way... my point that you dont have to have powerbank with you and with that much equipment you can as well take mavic mini, and still get significant range boost, anyway I will test it.

Reactions: MNNJR69
Now you would have to do Bluetooth, no? I use and OTG cable which of course plugs into the phone. Not all portable power packs are large.

If you are plugging in the repeater to your phone, you only have Bluetooth as an option. I use an OTG cable that connects the controller to the phone.
Alright... I dont use controller, my point was that you only have to take bare minimum with you to enjoy tello, having controller you may as well take powerbank with you etc.

Alright... I dont use controller, my point was that you only have to take bare minimum with you to enjoy tello, having controller you may as well take powerbank with you etc.
Okay sorry, I thought you were using a controller. With just your phone to pilot the Tello I agree your method is the way to go.

Nice thread.

Little wayward but has anyone used a powerbank with the tello 3battery charger to charge it?

I tried it and came back to a dead powerbank from 75%.. was not sure how charged they where so stuck them into the wall with the charger to finish.

Suggestions?

Ideas?
I have 4 batteries but sometime especially multiday hikes would like more run time

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv