Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello is really a toy?

Certainly somewhere you will find this drone sold as a toy, but it also qualifies as a camera. Drones, especially this one could be found in several departments. If you’re comparing the Tello to other inexpensive drones, it’s probably less of a toy simply because there is so much supported software. How many different apps can you find to fly your other toy drones? The developers on here obviously are interested in Tello, but I haven’t noticed any other apps for my SG106 etc...

@Nilla008 thank you,

If Tello is officially a toy, do I have to comply with the new EU drone regulation?
Can I fly the Tello outdoors with FR glasses without a spotter?

Best regards

Thank you for this clear statement.

With best regards from DE

So that means I have to pay 300euros for a licence for a copter that costs under 100 Euro???? Just because I would like to do some selfies in the fields, or Park, Beach, etc????

For germany:
no. AFAIK you only need operator registration.

But yes, Tello is a UAS like any other. As soon as its used outdoor it is using public airspace.
Just like you are not allowed to use a hoverboard on streets.

Hello brick72,

in DE you have to:
1. Take out drone insurance based on the Tello weight.
2. Register yourself here at the LBA = apply for an e-ID.
3. Attach the e-ID to the Tello, I printed the e-ID on a waterproof label and stuck it on top of the Tello.
4. Wait for rain-free, windless weather as possible and go.

Nix 300, - € fee! for what?

Have fun

Reactions: volate!lo
Hello, is there a document that the Tello is a toy?

Thank you very much
Indeed it is.

Ich zitiere an dieser Stelle gern mal Wolf Biermann (sein Konzert, war es nicht 1976 in Köln, habe ich damals live im Radio gehört):

"Was verboten ist, macht uns gerade scharf!"

Und der absolut unfähige CSU Verkehrsminister Scheuer gehört gefeuert!

Sorry for all english speaking folks, this it an German internal. But I'm quiet sure you may have similar absolutely incompetent politicians than we have in Germany!

As you all may know, there is a discussion to arm military drones in Germany. But they ban our hobby, as we are the bad guys which kill people with our Tello drones.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bruchpilot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wroxel