Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello Positioning system not working correctly?

PULARITHA

Reaction score
Hello,

my Tello feels like its not hovering as perfectly in the living room as before. This is noticeable by the fact that it often twitches back and forth for a short time, or even changes the altitude during horizontal flight manoeuvres. I have also noticed that in less light condition there is a message that it cannot hold its position, and the room lighting in the late evening is still the same. I am sure that the message never or not so often came before. On the bottom is the positioning system, I noticed now that only one of the two diodes lights up, is that correct?

I also noticed that Tello can stay outside in light winds, but Tello does not follow the direction I give it by steering. So in order for it to fly forward, I often have to steer diagonally on my mobile phone. This was also not the rule in the early days.

Thanks for your feedback.
Greetings.

You could try a re-calibration.

You will have to remove the props.

Open the Official Tello app go in "settings", "more", "...", then "Center of Gravity Calibration" and follow the steps.

Reactions: Zeno
Hello,

my Tello feels like its not hovering as perfectly in the living room as before. This is noticeable by the fact that it often twitches back and forth for a short time, or even changes the altitude during horizontal flight manoeuvres. I have also noticed that in less light condition there is a message that it cannot hold its position, and the room lighting in the late evening is still the same. I am sure that the message never or not so often came before. On the bottom is the positioning system, I noticed now that only one of the two diodes lights up, is that correct?

I also noticed that Tello can stay outside in light winds, but Tello does not follow the direction I give it by steering. So in order for it to fly forward, I often have to steer diagonally on my mobile phone. This was also not the rule in the early days.

Thanks for your feedback.
Greetings.
For how long now your tello? Did it crashes alot? might be damaged already...
Just do Magoo YFZ suggested....

Owned the drone for 3 weeks. 3-4 small falls from low height (max 30cm). The drone has no external scratches.

What about the two LEDs, do they light up together?
I'll do the calibration later.

I have the same problem after last update to 1.04.35.01 , dont know what to do. Has made allready imu calibration, gravity center calibration is gray and unavailable...

Reactions: Cliffs tello
I have the same problem after last update to 1.04.35.01 , dont know what to do. Has made allready imu calibration, gravity center calibration is gray and unavailable...
Possible you don't need to calibrate that's why?
Mine i never calibrate much.. even with recent update..but my tello Hover,fly just the same stable .

Also never calibrate before, now has tried with hope to restore proper fligh. Another thing- I has made firmware upgrade only from the third effort, before was overheating or other problems like never ending delay at 99%. Maybe I didnt flash it well? Also Im didnt got the new 30m limit after flashing. Now looking how to reflash or downgrade my tello....

Also never calibrate before, now has tried with hope to restore proper fligh. Another thing- I has made firmware upgrade only from the third effort, before was overheating or other problems like never ending delay at 99%. Maybe I didnt flash it well? Also Im didnt got the new 30m limit after flashing. Now looking how to reflash or downgrade my tello....
Happened to me last update 99% stuck on screen... i just keep doing like atleast 5x More or less .then message said up do date or latest firmware agot something like that...then everything alright...so i don't think you mess your update.
Downgrade ? kinda none that I known or heard.. someone successful done that.but anyway hopefully you'll find asap the solution.
Hey btw can you try to use Atello?its another awesome another controller app by KRAG its free so download it...and check if you can solve the problem...if it's working then tello update like you're suspecting are the problem.

Owned the drone for 3 weeks. 3-4 small falls from low height (max 30cm). The drone has no external scratches.

What about the two LEDs, do they light up together?

Only one of them sending ir light while another one is receiver. And in the middle is a tiny camera.
And I agree with you about last firmware, tello is less accurate when hovering

Last edited:
Hi! I'm a really new Tello user. During my very first flight I drove it over a lake (around 3-4 m altitude). Tello started immediately landing.... Could it be because of the sensor didn't have a reflection from the water? As soon as I drovi it over the ground the landind precess stopped. Do you have same experience?

Landing where? I think you know already or not?visual positioning doesn't work ob water, above 10meter and during fastmode

Reactions: HUN_Tello
Thanks! No, I didn't know that vision positioning doesnt work over water! :S
Hahaha i see...well im also guilty flying my tello at night in fastmode also....the normal speed are too slow for me...but very understandable that suit for the 1st timer, beginners now im already learned.so fast mode satisfied my craving XD...
At night time also when i lost my tello.. Lucky i still find it.... scared me to death when it fly away though darkness ??

Hahaha i see...well im also guilty flying my tello at night in fastmode also....the normal speed are too slow for me...but very understandable that suit for the 1st timer, beginners now im already learned.so fast mode satisfied my craving XD...
At night time also when i lost my tello.. Lucky i still find it.... scared me to death when it fly away though darkness ??

Yeah, night flight should be funny also, from now I didn't try it... Honestly for me tello is the very first drone for learning...the next step will be the Spark!! It seems to be a cool gadget to study navigatation etc.... Of course with Gamesir ;)

Yeah, night flight should be funny also, from now I didn't try it... Honestly for me tello is the very first drone for learning...the next step will be the Spark!! It seems to be a cool gadget to study navigatation etc.... Of course with Gamesir ;)
Wow did you read my mind?? DJI spark will be my future 2nd drone... even propesional droner still love their DJI Spark ?

Except i don't use real controller the phone portability...drone and phone...i think I got use to fly with just phone.. damned tello fault xd
Tho my complaints is the range's 100 meter without WiFi extender is joke... barely make it to 30meter distance without red warnings...lol tello advertisement

Except i don't use real controller the phone portability...drone and phone...i think I got use to fly with just phone.. damned tello fault xd
Tho my complaints is the range's 100 meter without WiFi extender is joke... barely make it to 30meter distance without red warnings...lol tello advertisement

I could not control it over 10 meters! With my galaxy s5 phone. After 6 or 7 meters it will lose control.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv