Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello range

Without it, it rize up till 12 m and than lose conection right?
No. The manual says 100m in ideal conditions. Normally you should reach 70m.
I was many times above 12m without problems and without a range extender.

You are mixing things up.
Maximum altitude tello can fly is 30m above takeoff point. That is an internal limit that cannot be modified. And it requires a stable wifi connection.

Wifi connection quality and range depends on a number of factors. Your phone is a factor just as other Wifis and other rf interference.

And very important is position. Never fly directly above your head. If you want 30m altitude you should fly at least 30m horizontal distance away.
If you want to understand why pls google radio distribution patterns of vertical polarized antennas

I often go to 30m alt without issues just using the phone, and 70m horizontal range with good quality. Max range without repeater was 120m, but with bad video feed

Last edited:
You are mixing things up.
Maximum altitude tello can fly is 30m above takeoff point. That is an internal lkmit that cannot be modified. And it requires a stable wifi connection.

Wifi connection quality and range depends on a number of factors. Your phone is a factor just as Wifi and other rf interference.

And very important is position. Never fly directly above your head. If you want 30m altitude you should fly at least 30m horizontal distance away.
If you dont believe me read up on radio distribution patterns of vertical polarized antennas

I often go to 30m alt without issues, and 70m horizontal range with good quality. Max range without repeater was 120m, but with bad video feed
Thanks for the great respond

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv