Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello wifi range extender

ha! i finally got to fly outside today!! ****, wind, snow, wind, snow, -24 degrees F temps. man on man what a january! anyway, so i flew it basically in my condo's driveway like i did all my other flights. i had the wifi+ repeater and power supply in my jacket and went for it. i got about 150ft away according to google maps. my video feed was a lot better, just a couple of quick stutters but mostly smooth. the only real blocky video was when i rotated around quickly and i get that regardless. at least the video is improved. i also flew it up to an indicated 50ft and over some trees. i got a few wifi/bluetooth interference messages but that did not affect my control or video. i also saw that my signal strength indicator was 100% (4 bars) all the time i flew around. anyway, it's charging up now but it's also dark and started to mist a lot so no more for tonight. hopefully tomorrow i can fly around some more. but i think 200ft is about my max. not sure about going behind the condos near me, i think that would kill the range trying to go through a building. one thing too is i tried to fly in the yard, but because nothing but white snow i immediately got whatever those warnings are that it can't see the ground. i still was able to fly it but it drifted a lot more. there was definitely lite breezes. anyway, i'm happy with the wifi+ an it improved my experience for certain vs. nothing.

I have the Xiaomi range extender, and it work perfect. Nothing difficult to set it up. After you have set it up, just delete the app from your phone. No problems, no worries about privacy. It still connect to it every time. Hope this helps.
Sorry little late but is there a manual of how to connect Tello/GameSir T1d/extender?
Maurits

ha! i finally got to fly outside today!! ****, wind, snow, wind, snow, -24 degrees F temps. man on man what a january! anyway, so i flew it basically in my condo's driveway like i did all my other flights. i had the wifi+ repeater and power supply in my jacket and went for it. i got about 150ft away according to google maps. my video feed was a lot better, just a couple of quick stutters but mostly smooth. the only real blocky video was when i rotated around quickly and i get that regardless. at least the video is improved. i also flew it up to an indicated 50ft and over some trees. i got a few wifi/bluetooth interference messages but that did not affect my control or video. i also saw that my signal strength indicator was 100% (4 bars) all the time i flew around. anyway, it's charging up now but it's also dark and started to mist a lot so no more for tonight. hopefully tomorrow i can fly around some more. but i think 200ft is about my max. not sure about going behind the condos near me, i think that would kill the range trying to go through a building. one thing too is i tried to fly in the yard, but because nothing but white snow i immediately got whatever those warnings are that it can't see the ground. i still was able to fly it but it drifted a lot more. there was definitely lite breezes. anyway, i'm happy with the wifi+ an it improved my experience for certain vs. nothing.
Wifi plus is supposedly better than xiaomi according to @raulvolador . He did a range test and posted tgat here. Expecting 200ft seems too short. How’d u go?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode