Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello with Tile vs bug. ?

MagooYFZ

Reaction score
After loosing my tello for 2 days recently I decided to put a Tile on it this time.

If I loose it again it will be much easier to find.

I just put it on but it does not seem to affect the handling and flight time.

After landing from a high flight my tello had splattered a bug...

Attachments

• 20180810_122015.jpg
    20180810_122015.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 88
Reactions: nicecontrast
I will have to stop reading this forum. Yesterday I read about the Xiaomi WiFi repeater which I had never heard of before and an hour ago Amazon arrived with one.

Now I have just read about the Tile which again I had never heard of before and now Amazon is bringing one to me tomorrow ;)

Edit: Useful tip for anyone getting a Tile - I also ordered some 3M Dual Lock to attach it to the Tello. I found out about this stuff when I got a bright strobe light for my Mavic Pro. It is amazing and does the job that Velcro does but much, much better. Instead of hooks and loops it has little mushrooms that interlock. It is also backed with top quality contact adhesive. It is not cheap but you only need a small piece eg you would not need a piece anywhere near as big as the Tile to attach one.

Edit 2: I forgot to say thanks to MagooYFZ for telling us about the Tile :). There are various models including a longer range one but Mr Magoo has the best one as in his photo. It is called the Mate and is easily the lightest at 6.1g

Last edited:
I've got my Tile now and still getting my head round how it works. If you are looking for your lost Tile it says walk around until the Tile goes green in the Tile app. So far, so good and mine does this. The next stage is to make it play a noise but this is so quiet that it would be impossible to hear against any kind ambient sounds. Maybe you could hear it at night,.

Reactions: nicecontrast
I've got my Tile now and still getting my head round how it works. If you are looking for your lost Tile it says walk around until the Tile goes green in the Tile app. So far, so good and mine does this. The next stage is to make it play a noise but this is so quiet that it would be impossible to hear against any kind ambient sounds. Maybe you could hear it at night,.

Yes I know its not too loud but there is a circle arround the Tile displayed on your phone screen that will get bigger as you get close.

Also when I stuck it to my Tello I made my best not to block the small hole underneath, that is where the sound comes out.

I think I much better to have this than nothing, At least when you are connected you are looking in the right spot.

Yes, definitely better than nothing and now I have seen some of the quality of the video people are getting outside in good light I can't wait to have a go. There is a place near me with a nice woodland setting and if it came down out of sight the Tile might be the only way of finding it.

Reactions: MagooYFZ
Yes go outside !!! ??
I use google photo to auto correct the pictures.
Here is a before(darker) and after(brighter) pic.

Attachments

• 2018-08-09 205820.jpg
    2018-08-09 205820.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
  • 2018-08-09 205820~2.jpg
    2018-08-09 205820~2.jpg
    889.6 KB · Views: 22
Yes go outside !!! ??
I use google photo to auto correct the pictures.
Here is a before(darker) and after(brighter) pic.
Yeah, really effective. It is amazing how much detail you can reveal in what looks like an under exposed digital image. What is a real no-no is to over expose it so it is all washed out as no amount of darkening will bring anything back.

also, you say leave a small gap so you can hear the speaker on the Tile. Do you know any reason to not mount it upside down so those little holes are on top ? Do we ever need to press the button ?

also, you say leave a small gap so you can hear the speaker on the Tile. Do you know any reason to not mount it upside down so those little holes are on top ? Do we ever need to press the button ?

I guess you could, the top button can be used to find your phone.

I have one but the double sided tape I used is all I needed.

No need to over complicate things.
I have some of the wonder 3M Dual Lock so I will use that.

I do fancy a 3D printer though but just not enough time in my life to use it !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv