Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

TelloFPV valid license problem

umanbean

Reaction score
@volate!lo

I use TelloFPV on two Galaxy S7’s and a Huawei tablet.

The S7’s both report version 1.9.0 T… I don’t use the tablet for this app very often so never bothered updating the app from 1.8.5 P. The tablet works fine with or without internet, but:

Obviously, both phones still show I’m on a ‘Temporary’ license, and both have to have an internet connection for the app to work. I’ve used the app many times at home over days/weeks/months, with an internet connection, but the license still shows as ‘T’ even though it should have had plenty of opportunities to validate. I haven’t bothered trying to fix this until recently but now want to be able to fly anywhere I happen to go. Last weekend, without thinking, I whipped out the Tello at a pool party, it would not fly with either phone, and I ended up having to ask the host for his wifi password.

-I’ve RTFM – troubleshooting section and tried everything there
-Both phones have ‘automatic date and time’ turned ON
-Both are ‘bone stock’ and no modifications to the Play store
-I’ve exited the app on both after successful connection to Playstore using the ‘Exit’ menu option, waited 4 hrs or more – no help.
-The default Playstore account on all three devices is the same, a valid account, and the same account I used to pay for the app.
-The only difference between the tablet and the phones is the app version #.

I do not want to un-install/re-install the app, unless I absolutely HAVE to, because I’ll lose all my custom settings, most importantly all the controller Rate, Expo, and Deadzone settings for both the on-screen and T1s, in both Video and Sport modes.

Phones Device ID’s as reported by the app are included in the email I sent you a few days ago.

edited: changed T1d to T1s... oops

Last edited:
arrrgh. I had seen you email but somehow got distracted, sorry!!

Will get back to you later today, promised!

Thank you my man, I know you're busy.

By the way we won't need to bother with the one I labeled Primary S7 in the email - the screen died last night!

Luckily I caught it just in time to do a current backup of the apps, data, system settings, and even the Apex Launcher settings.

For now I'll just move the Sim and SD card to my backup S7... what a pita!

Actually I am busy today with other stuff but we'll sort that out. Your email just got lost, once it was marked as "read" I soon forgot about it. First I need to understand why your phones have these problems.

One thing: Please do update the 1.8 to 1.9 or it may stop working at the worst possible moment. I have to switch off very old version to force people to upgrade. I know it's a hassle for some but if I don't do this people keep asking for support, and only after several mails I realize thaey are talking about v1.6 or something.
The only supported version is the most recent one from play store.

Everything else we do by email

Actually, don't worry about this for now. Things have changed drastically since yesterday.

My 'primary' phone died and I'll likely need to factory reset the other one and start from scratch... ******!!!!! I don't neeeed this right now!

Just found out I didn't get a complete backup last night. Got APKs, contacts, MMS and some data backed up to the SD card, but no photos, videos, music, and other stuff that is on the phone internal storage. Plugged the phone into a computer this morning and can't access the internal storage... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Now I wish I had disabled the screen lock/fingerprint unlock while I still had access using the crippled screen last night. It won't wake up AT ALL now.

Condolences ! Sounds like the usual adventures.

Years ago I decided to no longer care about anything on my mobile but contacts and photos. Contacts are on Google, photos are synced via Resilio Sync to my home server. Everything else on my phone is volatile and gone if I wipe/drop the phone.
I don't restore anything to my phone, I just set it up freshly and call it a day. But I know thats not for everyone.

@volate!lo

I use TelloFPV on two Galaxy S7’s and a Huawei tablet.

The S7’s both report version 1.9.0 T… I don’t use the tablet for this app very often so never bothered updating the app from 1.8.5 P. The tablet works fine with or without internet, but:

Obviously, both phones still show I’m on a ‘Temporary’ license, and both have to have an internet connection for the app to work. I’ve used the app many times at home over days/weeks/months, with an internet connection, but the license still shows as ‘T’ even though it should have had plenty of opportunities to validate. I haven’t bothered trying to fix this until recently but now want to be able to fly anywhere I happen to go. Last weekend, without thinking, I whipped out the Tello at a pool party, it would not fly with either phone, and I ended up having to ask the host for his wifi password.

-I’ve RTFM – troubleshooting section and tried everything there
-Both phones have ‘automatic date and time’ turned ON
-Both are ‘bone stock’ and no modifications to the Play store
-I’ve exited the app on both after successful connection to Playstore using the ‘Exit’ menu option, waited 4 hrs or more – no help.
-The default Playstore account on all three devices is the same, a valid account, and the same account I used to pay for the app.
-The only difference between the tablet and the phones is the app version #.

I do not want to un-install/re-install the app, unless I absolutely HAVE to, because I’ll lose all my custom settings, most importantly all the controller Rate, Expo, and Deadzone settings for both the on-screen and T1s, in both Video and Sport modes.

Phones Device ID’s as reported by the app are included in the email I sent you a few days ago.

edited: changed T1d to T1s... oops
upgrade to the latest version. I read everything that was said but just wanted to point out,….. when I got my first Tello years ago,like most of us,rushing instead of reading and concentrating. it seems I ran into the very same issue you have but in my case it was because I had linked myself to my home router with that Wi-Fi password. Or are we saying the same thing?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv