Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

TelloPy vs pytello

A lot of TelloPy comes from the Gobot code, while pytello was always python.

I haven't gotten TelloPy to work, but I have used pytello and that works well (for control.) It streams video which can be saved, too, but I can't seem to get it to live-play this video.
TelloPy does support live video playing.

I am testing TelloPy from yesterday and I think it is amazing library. Works well with joystick, video stream, has OpenCV interface. Tested on mac os x.

I like TelloPy, its pretty awesome and contains a lot of the functions to control the drone.

The example uses mplayer to display the video stream from the drone. you can save the raw stream data as a binary and use the -fps 25 option on mplayer to play it back.

I was able to get ffmpeg to convert the mp4 stream to raw frames that opencv can use. I am trying to figure out how to use an Aruco marker and have the drone follow me (stay center of the marker on my chest). There is a ~1 second lag on the video which is a bummer, not sure if its the drone or ffmpeg.

I tapped a raspberry pi zero wireless and was surprised it had enough strength to carry it without around without issue. Not sure on flight time, but automated drone might be possible...

I like TelloPy, its pretty awesome and contains a lot of the functions to control the drone.

The example uses mplayer to display the video stream from the drone. you can save the raw stream data as a binary and use the -fps 25 option on mplayer to play it back.

I was able to get ffmpeg to convert the mp4 stream to raw frames that opencv can use. I am trying to figure out how to use an Aruco marker and have the drone follow me (stay center of the marker on my chest). There is a ~1 second lag on the video which is a bummer, not sure if its the drone or ffmpeg.

I tapped a raspberry pi zero wireless and was surprised it had enough strength to carry it without around without issue. Not sure on flight time, but automated drone might be possible...
totally! put some mobile data and it will not have any limit

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv