Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

TP-Link N300 WiFi Repeater Range Test

How far away do you actually fly your Tello?

• 25-50 feet

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 50-75 feet

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 75-100 feet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • >100 feet

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
I flew my Tello in an open field yesterday evening using my Tuoshi WiFi Repeater more than 200 feet away from my location and only dropped to 70DB of WiFi strength...could have gone further.

Last edited:
Reactions: juankastrol
Great tutorial and super range test! Thank you. Would you get similar distance if you were higher? What kind of height can you get with the TP Link?

Reactions: Gadget Inspector
Great tutorial and super range test! Thank you. Would you get similar distance if you were higher? What kind of height can you get with the TP Link?
I'm not brave enough to test altitude. The Tello is so light it would certainly fly away if flown to high. I usually keep mine no higher than 30-feet. On a windless day I've taken it up to about 50-feet, but just for a few moments. I would imagine you'd need to figure out a way to get the repeater in between your phone/yourself, and the tello which would be above you. Not sure how to get that one done.

I have gone 85 feet basically straight up with little wind WITHOUT a repeater. The thing was still responsive and I was able to bring it down just fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan