Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Trouble Taking Photos at Higher Altitudes.

Hydrostan

Reaction score
I ran into problem today with taking photos. When I reached a higher altitude, over 70 ft., I couldn’t take any photos. I use the TelloFPV app, Gamesir T1s with OTG connection, and Xiaomi repeater. Pushing the ‘A’ button on the controller would just result in a click, not the shutter sound and no photo was taken. I do have a bad habit of accidentally touching the L2 button on the controller which of course is the STOP button. I brought the Tello down and the shutter worked okay, went back up to 70 ft., and the same problem happened. I searched on here before posting this and couldn’t find anything related to this problem I’m currently having.

Thats a sign of a weak wifi connection. Taking a photo means downloading 2MB of data over an unreliable UDP wifi link, which is already busy with control & video messages. Since many packages get corrupt and dropped it actually downloads several megabytes. That often fails, depending on the phone and the wifi signal strength.

BTW: The weakest wifi connection is always right under Tello due to the antenna design, so fly a few meters away (as many meters as you want altitude).

Much better solution: Get a wifi repeater

Reactions: TelloViewSJCampos
Thats a sign of a weak wifi connection. Taking a photo means downloading 2MB of data over an unreliable UDP wifi link, which is already busy with control & video messages. Since many packages get corrupt and dropped it actually downloads several megabytes. That often fails, depending on the phone and the wifi signal strength.

BTW: The weakest wifi connection is always right under Tello due to the antenna design, so fly a few meters away (as many meters as you want altitude).

Much better solution: Get a wifi repeater
Thank you. I do use the Xiaomi repeater and yes the Tello was almost directly overhead!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccer843